News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 pm 

Are we surprised that Dave reckons he's got a good deal that will keep us in the EU? I don't think so .... it's one 'grew con' from start to finish!

Quote:
PM: New EU Deal Is Enough For Me To 'Opt In'

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pm-eu ... 29117.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:56 pm 

in my hand , i have a piece of paper , what a joke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:46 am 

Dave is the reincarnation of Neville Chamberlain.

Notice how the politicians are all lining up to the 'stay in' campaign - putting their own careers before the interests of the country, self-serving scum-bags the lot of them!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:15 am 

It's all a bit pathetic. I'm really wondering what's going to happen, because there's never been such antipathy toward the EU, but if there's a vote to leave I can't believe it will be allowed to happen... unless they're confident enough now that new global power frameworks brought in under the guise of tackling so called climate change supersede the need for the EU.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:46 am 

I am also on a few other forums who have conducted straw polls.

On average the Out vote is currently running at 70%

Dave is being ignored as a time waster. The problem as I see it is that there are more takers in the EU than givers and we are a giver.

My vote has always been out

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:19 pm 

The only thing that surprises me at this time, is the blatant nonsensical, foolish, and irrational behaviour of Cameron and his supporters. I'm watching with great interest as to how this whole referendum process finally pans out. Like Jon, whatever happens, I do not believe that Britain will ever be allowed to leave the EU.

The EU's tentacles of power reach into every part of the UK's administration and power structure. There is simply no-way those tentacles of power are going to let power pass away from them. From the local parish councils, all the way up to Parliament at Westminster, and even to the Crown; the EU's "useful idiots" are fully entrenched; it would take the equivalent of a massive spiritual/political earthquake to remove them. The only power source with the ability to do that is our Creator, and I suspect that he has his reasons for not releasing us from the EU at this time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:00 am 

Lets not forget , the EU has not been all bad .
The working time directive , i think is good , and other things .
but the common green energy policy , i hate , along with all the green taxes.
I would not mind , if all the tax collected was spent on coastal defenses ,
But to shut down good working coal power stations , before we have replacements in place , is unbelievable.
And all counties should have strict border controls .
Anyone coming into a country illegally , should be arrested , DNA taken etc, and deported after being tried in court .
then banned for ever coming in again .

On balance , Dave will never call for any of these things to be changed , so i will vote to leave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 pm 

Even if there are good EU laws that doesn't change the principle that national governments should decide laws, not distant bureaucrats and technocrats who can't be voted in or out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm 

The unelected European Commission that makes laws (rubber-stamped by the European 'Parliament') is like the old Soviet Politburo, totally undemocratic. National governments are no more than County Councils in England.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:47 am 

I'm still on the 'out'

Did you read that ludicrous rant about the French jungle moving over here if we vote out. Shows how desperate Cameron has become.