News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm 

I would like to see some of the following

GBK - Gormet Kitchen Burger
Pizza Express
Decent DIY shop
Picturehouse Cinema
White Stuff clothes shop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:09 am 

There is a Pizza Express in Uxbridge and a huge B & Q in Hayes (not sure if that's a decent DIY shop or not)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am 

Oh yes I forgot about the Pizza Express in Uxbridge, the B&Q is good in Hayes maybe I was thinking more about West Drayton.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:59 am 

A waitrose(decent beer) yes I know Lidal used to be one many years ago and a John Lewis(5 year gaurentees)same price as currys

A Sushi bar or two would be nice proper asian food rather than the plastic chinese resturants that we have any one remember the Yohan Plaza and a couple of decent Italian/Greek resturants family run not your chains with freeze dried chemical radio active frozen rubbish PING are you sure with stupid service couldnt care less and noisey kids partys.

Service and decent resturant seem to be a thing of the past.

Mrs Festa wants a Tiffanys (only to look in the window as we couldnt afford it)

We are defoe missing a decent fish n chip shop

Woolworths would be nice

Fact is we travel a long way for proper nice food shame they cant get it right in Hillingdon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 am 

There's a Pizza Express in Ruislip too!

Re fish and chips... I've always enojyed Grants Atlanta, Uxbridge Road, Hayes end and also Aquarius in Kingshill Ave. People on here were raving about Aquarius a while back. When it closed for refurbishment it was amazing to see the constant stream of people turning up and being really frustrated it was shut; some told me they'd travelled a long way as they reckonded their fish and chips were the best.

Nothing to replace the atmosphere and wonderful salt-and-vinegary smell of fish and chip shops a few years back though, like Lincoln's in East Avenue!! Used to like the one of the corner of Craven Close too (I think it might have been called Craven Fish Bar) (Uxbridge Road right opposite Central Ave).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 am 

2 very good fish and chip shops in the north of the borough.

Pisces in Field End Road, Eastcote, and Fletchers Fish Bar in Pinner Green ( strictly speaking its in the borough of Harrow )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:05 pm 

There are simply not enough delivery pizza companies, preferably with staff who barely speak English and have no driving licenses. I would also like to receive just a few more leaflets advertising pizzas shoved halfway through my letter box too.

Once it was healthy milk and eggs that were delivered free to your door. Now it's over priced plastic pizzas (fancy cheese on toast) and fat laden curries. That's progress I suppose!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm 

I have never ordered a pizza either from a pizza shop or a home delivery service. I always think they're posh cheese on toast too.

I would like to see a fishmonger locally. Also a decent butcher shop - it would be nice to walk to the shops and get what I need without having to go to a big supermarket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:20 am 

I've ordered loads of pizzas in the past, but not so much nowadays. I once read that pizzas have the highest profit margin of any convenience food. Cost about £1 or less to make, yet sold for a tenner or more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 am 

no good . if you cant park outside them
I dont want to eat a meal , and park in a car park , a long was away , at night