News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:51 pm 

In his March 2016 Budget speech, Gideon Osborne announced new mayors, effectively creating city and regional states from what we know as ENGLAND. Many of us have already rejected the offer of mayors to rule over us. It appears that our wishes are of no concern to the self-appointed elite.

See here for G.O's speech:
http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/mort ... 4046428693
Quote:
Mr Deputy Speaker, in this Budget we make major further advances in the devolution of power within England too.
It was less than two years ago that I called for the creation of strong elected mayors to help us build a Northern Powerhouse.
Since then, powerful elected mayors have been agreed for Manchester, Liverpool, Tees Valley, Newcastle and Sheffield.
Over half of the population of the Northern Powerhouse will be able to elect a mayor accountable to them next year.

Quote:
Today I can tell the House that my RHF the Justice Secretary and I are transferring new powers over the criminal justice system to Greater Manchester.

Quote:
And I can also announce to the House that today, for the first time, we have reached agreement to establish new elected mayors in our English counties and southern cities too.

Quote:
We’ve agreed a single powerful East Anglia combined authority, headed up by an elected Mayor and almost a billion pounds of new investment.

Quote:
We’ve also agreed a new West of England mayoral authority – and they too will see almost a billion pounds invested locally.

Quote:
And the authorities of Greater Lincolnshire will have new powers, new funding and a new mayor.
North, South, East and West – the devolution revolution is taking hold.

What power will mayors have? A close read of this document "The Global Parliament of Mayors" reveals a lot of nasties:
http://www.globalparliamentofmayors.org/
Quote:
The Global Parliament of Mayors is an unprecedented new experiment in democratic global governance platform by, for, and of cities. Mayors from cities large and small, North and South, developed and emerging, will convene in September 2016 to identify and pursue in common the public goods of citizens around the world. For the first time, building on extant urban networks, the GPM will deploy collective urban political power manifesting the right of cities to govern themselves, as well as the responsibility to enact viable, cross-border solutions to global challenges.

We 'citizens are to have “Rights” that are under the total control of the "city/state”.
See here http://www.globalparliamentofmayors.org ... 4589069319
for the:
Quote:
DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE CITY AND CITIZENS

Consider “Rights” 4 & 5. This is totalitarian control, a return to feudalism of the worst kind:
Right 4:
Quote:
4. The right to clean air and water and to a greenhouse environment with minimal (eventually zero) carbon emissions, which translates into the right to take action to assure a safe and sustainable environment, regardless of the action or inaction of other levels of government.

Right 5:
Quote:
5. The right to residential dignity: that is to say, the right to identity papers (visas, identity cards) conferring access to schools, hospitals, transportation and jobs on the condition of law-abiding behaviour, for all residents, regardless of their regional or national immigration status or the manner in which they entered the country in which their city finds itself. In practice, this entails a right to a "city visa" or "urban ID," which while it cannot by itself convey residential or civil rights at the national level, can normalize a de facto local status; and in time perhaps constitute a 'road to citizenship' at the national level.
I do not remember ever having been asked by any political party, or politician, whether I want to live under such a system of GREEN totalitarian control.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm 

I don't think people have any idea just how sinister this all is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:06 pm 

our grandchildren and their children don't know what is waiting for them in the decades to come....they certainly will be a number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 pm 

Lunar, My children are middle-aged adults now, with my grandchildren being of such ages where they are currently preparing to sit GCSE and A levels exams. I believe the situation is now so dire that my children, who are now middle-aged adults, are extremely likely to see the reality of what is being prepared for us all.

The 'elitist' plan is to have the environmentalist's totalitarian system fully implemented by no later than 2030. What I see of the current rate of change towards the new system of global government, it is likely to be implemented far sooner than 2030; 14 years away – at the latest.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:40 am 

The latest 'ploy' I've heard is that the EU needs to be a complete block to compete with the likes of Russia and China.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:55 am 

England and its counties have long disappeared from EU maps. They see the EU divided into regions which have nothing to do with national boundaries.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:44 am 

So now Khan is in he has backtracked on the affordable housing promise. Just one week in and we are seeing a manifesto pledge gone.

Boris reckons that his travel price freeze policy has removed vital required funding. Of course Khan is blaming Boris but as Boris has said, all the accounts for the last 8 years are freely available should he have wanted to investigate.

What next ?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:25 am 

Stepping up the war on motorists I expect.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:20 am 

Yes, I've heard that. Watch out for the M4 by Heathrow being a pay per mile CC zone.

Glad I'm now early retired.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:06 pm 

Kremmen's vision about power blocks is older than you might think. It comes close to George Orwell's vision of the world in "1984". That's one reason I'm intending to vote "out".