News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Brexit (again)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:07 pm 

So, they have told 'Brussels' that we have compromised enough and it's them who now need to compromise.

Good.

As I read it the Brussels Brexit peeps think it's Brussels way or not at all. Fair enough, our cards are on the table, is it 'not at all' then ? Their call.

It's about time we dug our heels in to their continual demands. We want Brexit, not half Brexit where we are still controlled and paying billions.

Post subject: Re: Brexit (again)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 am 

So Mrs May let out, in confidence, to someone that she voted remain but with what she now knows, in another referendum she would now vote leave. But when quizzed refused to confirm.

Interesting.

I'm also getting the impression that the negotiators have had enough and the rhetoric being given to the EU negotiators is that we are looking at a no deal which means when we leave that billion £ offer we made is null and void.

Good strategy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:34 pm 

Do I take it that the EU have given in and trade talks to start in December ?

Seems like Gruppenführer Merkel had a quiet word with the EU negotiating team, upset them, and it's time to move on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:11 pm 

Quote:
Eventually, the Mayor aims to create an Ultra Low Emissions Zone stretching from the North Circular in north London to the South Circular south of the river by 2021.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ondon.html

The plan is to eventually ban all private transport for the non-elite.

I don't believe there are any meaningful Brexit talks going on at all.

May is a Remainer, as are most of her Cabinet. I believe the 'Brexit talks' are a total sham. I believe it will eventually be announced that “We've tried to negotiate a Brexit, but as talks progressed it became clear to us that Britain is better off remaining in the EU”; either that, or we will be told that “A new deal, a partnership with the EU has been negotiated.” A new deal/partnership that effectively leaves Britain in the same Union it was prior to the Brexit referendum.

Are the party political class untrustworthy, do they deceive us? We only have to look at how we were taken into the Common Market/ European Union in the first place. It was all very underhanded and deceptive. Common Market membership led to treaty after treaty after treaty, with each treaty resulting in “Ever Closer Union”. And all of this without any explanation or referral to the electorate, even though there were very loud calls over many years for a referendum on EU membership. Yes, the party political class are deceivers; yes, they do deliberately mislead us; and yes, they do lie to us. The whole of the man-made global warming/climate change myth is another major lie that has been politically foisted upon us and our children.

Another lie from the political class is the official rate of inflation; the constant devaluation of our currency and monthly income. We're told that inflation was about 1%, recently rising to 3 %; and yet every essential utility and service carries annual price rises of multiples of the official rate of inflation. In April my Council Tax was increased by 4%, about double the official rate of inflation. We pay more and more in Council Tax and receive less ans less for it. This year I was asked to pay £25 for a wheelie bin, on top of the Council Tax Demand. A planning application now carries a large bill too, on top of the Council Tax Demand. Taxes and charges imposed by the local authority are constantly increasing at rates that outstrip the official rate of inflation; car parking charges bear witness to that. An now there is a tax of £21.50 per day to drive a 12 year old car into London, soon to be every city and major town.

Deceit, dishonesty, and lies pour forth from the party political class without them even raising a blush.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 am 

I wasn't really paying attention, it was on in the background, but, I'm sure I heard that the EU are considering pulling out because we appear to be negotiating too good a deal and they are worried others will follow.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:45 am 

Hmmmmmmmm.......

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -says-gove

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 am 

Jon wrote:
If it appears like nothing has changed then, NOTHING has changed. All EU laws have been incorporated into UK law. There is NO Brexit! There will be NO Brexit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:27 pm 

The way I read it was that they've done that as a quick fix.

One by one they will strip them out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:42 am 

That's the theory Kremmen... in practice, parliament is forever adding to laws, you rarely hear of laws being abolished.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 am 

Hence why taxis should still have a bale of hay in the boot :)