News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 am 

It just seems TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Hayes Town is back the way it should be, fully open to traffic like the good old days. Can't believe it. Drove through it recently and will upload the dashcam footage soon.

Just brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:07 pm 

Well, yes and no.

The main road is just narrow single track both ways with some parking bays. Sadly people can't park and narrow the road with their 4x4 sticking out, or simply because they park 2 foot from the kerb. Secondly the double yellows are not policed so traffic becomes bottlenecked.

It seems to me that the same veg shops have their trucks and transits parked on double yellows most of the day.

A bit of planning with narrower footpaths and a wider road would have eased the situation.

Fail

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:30 pm 

I haven't been to Hayes since the middle of the 1970's would I notice much of a change if I visited it now?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm 

I’ve also not been to Hayes for a few years. But, depending where your coming from. I’m not sure you would even find your way now, without a map or GPS.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:31 am 

Yes, you would notice a big difference but unfortunately political correctness forbids me from telling you why

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 pm 

Is the Wimpy bar still there?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:15 pm 

Not that I recall.

We used to use the one on the Uxbridge road near the Grapes, far better than Mc/BurgerKing as they cooked it to order and you got a plate and troughing irons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm 

I moved from Hayes Town back in 78 and never really drove or visited very much after that except for the dentist at Minet Drive. I then commuted to London for a few years using the E6 and the mainline trains to Paddington and beyond. I never really saw Hayes or it’s contents as the bus route always skirted behind the shops, but the demographics of the other passengers should have been an indicator. That was 15yrs ago. I was unfortunate to have to return from London again via Hayes due to delays on the Central Line and I hopped on a 140 bus. The passengers hadn’t changed but my trip through the open road of the town and what I saw from the window was quite honestly a shock. From Avondale Drive to the Station was a world away in more ways than one from my memories with the hoards of people from Pump Lane & Callards, the throngs of people from the EMI estate businesses all travelling to and from their work. So shocked I felt the need to tell my friends and family on Facebook simply putting ‘What a Crap Hole’. Never again shall I travel passed Minet Drive. Hayes for me has gone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:45 pm 

Spit it out guys, tell it like it is, I have not been there in 50+ years and would never wish go, but I do have ROKU TV and Internet, you the people let it happen, I am so happy enjoying life in Florida.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:11 am 

I really will try to post my dashcam footage very soon. The most dramatic changes lately have been around the station, where a lot of redevelopment has taken place (and still is).