News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: The BBC in action:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:25 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... RNjotba5UY

Post subject: Re: The BBC in action:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am 

I watched the show and thought that Andrew Marr (& the BBC) were out to 'get' Nigel Farage, it was so obvious by the line of questioning. I hope it simply backfires and that more people will see through Marr & the BBC and support the Brexit Party, the only party in my view that will truly ensure we leave the EU.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:19 pm 

RK.
I didn’t watch the show because I refuse to fund the BBC by paying for a TV License. I did watch the YouTube clip of the programme, which reminded me of some of my reasons for my not funding the BBC. For me, the £400,000 Marr (aren’t BBC celebrity salaries obscene?), together with the BBC, successfully and very clearly demonstrated their total bias against NF, including those who voted to Leave the EU in the 2016 referendum. If anybody had any previous doubts about the pro-EU stance of the BBC, then that “interview” (attack) on NF ought to dispel any thoughts of the BBC being impartial, fair and unbiased. The EU credentials of the BBC were in plain sight for all to see if only they had their eyes and ears open.

I understand that at the end of the “interview” NF told Marr that he would never again visit the BBC studios for an interview. NF’s argument is, with the opinion polls showing the Brexit Party in the lead over both the CONservative and Labour parties, and without any interest at all being shown by the BBC for the Brexit Party. NF says of Marr and the BBC, that the BBC ought to want to know why the Brexit Party is in the lead of the opinion polls. NF claims that all public meetings by the Brexit Party are being totally ignored by the BBC.

The BBC’s actions suggest to me that they are behaving like bad tempered children towards the Brexit Party and NF, and by ignoring them they hope the Brexit voting public will disappear.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:39 am 

I have a lot of sympathy for Nigel. In my view he speaks the truth that many don't like.

As you say, the journos and tv interviewers are 'out to get him' but he stands his ground well.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

He is Europe's greatest politician and the most effective communicator in British politics by a country mile.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 am 

I watched BBC's Points of View this morning and there were loads of complaints about Marr's interviewing technique and they all praised Nigel for standing his ground and telling it like it is.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent.