News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 am 

Yesterday, Wednesday May 15th, every weather forecast was confidently forecasting another sunny day for Thursday in my part of the world.

Yesterday’s sunny sky had a very unnatural appearance to it. The day began early with a clear starlit sky, but as dawn was cracking around 4 A.M, lots of straight aircraft trails began criss-crossing the whole sky, leaving behind unnatural “vapour trails” that do not evaporate. The strange trails slowly spread out across the sky producing what looks like a high level white smoke, with a pattern within the “smoke” that represents the paths of the many aircraft that produced them. For the whole of yesterday the sun was very weak, with little heat in it. The sun was struggling to get through this unnatural phenomenon in the sky above.

Again today, after forecasts of another sunny day, the planes were out very early taking over from another starlit night sky, producing this very unnatural toxic looking sky.

My patio doors face directly east into the rising sun, with a clear and sunny sky at this time of year I should be able to feel the heat of the sun through the glass doors. But no, like yesterday, and many other unnatural days, there is a very weak and watery sun that is producing very little heat through the glass of my doors and windows.

I am old enough to remember natural blue sky and a bright golden sun blazing down, even at 6 o’clock in the morning. In fact, such times used to be my favourite times of the day. But these days, a natural sky above with a healthy looking sun have become a rarity indeed.

What is going on, why are aircraft producing unnatural “vapour trails”, trails that last the whole of the day and produce a very grey continuous film across the sky that turns a summer sun into something like a winter sun?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:06 pm 

Funny you should mention vapour trails Westonman. As my wife and I sat in our garden with a cup of tea yesterday afternoon we remarked upon the many vapour trails that there were in the sky, there seemed to be an unusually large number criss-crossing the sky.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 am 

I went for a nice stroll round Bushy Park, near Hampton, nice and warm but not excessively so.

Never noticed anything unusual even though planes departing Heathrow were visible.

You 2 are doomed :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not personally convinced there is anything untoward about the trails left by planes.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 am 

Unless it's a MAX8 and they point downwards

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:41 am 

Tuesday 21st May 2019, 09:30 a.m. It’s uncanny this morning, a perfectly blue sky from horizon to horizon, a 360 degree blue sky. There are no vapour trials, not even a sight or sound of an aircraft, any aircraft. The sun is high and bright. It has been like this from sunrise, just after 04:00 this morning.

Oops spoke too soon, heard the faint roar of a high flying aircraft (looks like a four engined job), there, high above it is travelling due West, leaving four distinct parallel trails behind it. The vapour trails rapidly evaporate closely behind the aircraft, leaving a perfectly blue sky behind. So they can produce a normal vapour trail that doesn’t expand to block out the sun.

But why so few aircraft this morning?