News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
Hillingdon weather
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
Advertisement

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Climate Emergency
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 pm 

A lot of hot air by the ill-informed, or something more sinister?
Declared Climate Emergency by many local authorities as indicated here: https://www.climateemergency.uk/blog/list-of-councils/

Professor Richard S Lindzen presented this lecture in a committee room at the House of Commons on the 22nd February 2012:
https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/ar ... 48505a.pdf

I wrote to my Conservative MP before that lecture date and politely suggested that he attend the lecture; his reply to me by letter was, “the consensus is agreed”, and that he would not be attending the lecture. Yesterday I have re-submitted a copy of the above lecture to my MP for his re-consideration. At least he will not be able to honestly claim that he didn't know of the evil disaster that he and his party inflicted on us all and our children. I understand that few MPs bothered to attend the lecture in 2012 at the HoC. Yet the majority of MPs support the ridiculous imposition of the UN’s evil green agenda 21/2030, with a lot of enthusiasm coming from PM B Johnson.
The indications are that this "Conservative" government is determined to push ahead with achieving a “zero carbon” state for the UK by 2050. In the mean time, many local authorities are aiming for a “zero carbon” state by 2030 (ONLY 10 years away); see the above link for “Declared Climate Emergencies”. The near future with no gas-fired domestic heating, a reliance on electric powered heating and heat pumps, and electric cars only; a National electricity Grid that is currently under severe stress is beginning to look sinister.

Post subject: Re: Climate Emergency
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 pm 

It's looked sinister for a long time now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 pm 

Jon wrote:
It's looked sinister for a long time now.

I agree, it’s looked sinister for a long time; but now it IS sinister. Now it is out in the open; the green agenda always was a death cult, but now the death cult is about to be unleashed against us with full force and fury. We’ve had to put up with inconvenient bus lanes, Congestion Charge, road humps and chicanes to reduce traffic speed, sorting domestic waste. Now the very food we eat is to be controlled, no dairy, no meat, no gas fired domestic central heating, grossly inadequate electricity supplies. See this, if you can afford to pay:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -9dqkp2z9t

The completion date (2030) for all this insanity is now being set by out-of-control local authorities who see themselves as autonomous city states who are answerable only to themselves and influenced by a truanting, very sick, 17 year old, intellectually abused teenager.

Next week my local authority begins its re-wilding process as it aims to become “carbon neutral” by 2030; I suppose that means that the whole council will stop exhaling CO2, and demand that we all do the same. This decision has never been put before the electorate. These people are out of control, they answer to nobody; they bow to their goddess Gaia and expect all of us to join them, and fund them.

Re-wilding is destroying lives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:43 pm 

The pace is incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:01 pm 

Jon wrote:
The pace is incredible.

The pace in rapidly accelerating. Only last week we were told there is to be a ban of diesel, petrol, and hybrid cars by 2035. In the space of one week the end date is now 2032 with 2030 being considered as an option. See here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hange.html

We have gone from 2050, 2040, 2035, 2032, to 2030 for the end date of petrol/diesel car sales in a fairly short time. At this rate, next week the end of cars could be NEXT year. With no petrol and diesel sales to tax, I dread to think how much tax will be on electricity. I'm rather glad that I've lived most of my life on this planet. It does look like I shall either starve to death, or die of hypothermia in my home, thanks to the green zealots.

This constant reducing of the end date for petrol/diesel cars does definitely indicates that NO real science is behind the decision making.