News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
Hillingdon weather
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
Advertisement

It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:03 am 

Quote:

WORLDWIDE DEATHS THIS YEAR

1/1/2020 – 1/04/2020
https://www.worldometers.info

10,670,908 Deaths from Abortions
2,807,806 Deaths from Starvation
2,061.853 Deaths from Cancer
1,254,997 Deaths from Smoking
422,032 Deaths from HIV/AIDS
338,886 Deaths from Traffic Accidents
269,209 Deaths from Suicide
246,250 Deaths from Malaria
211,416 Deaths from unclean drinking water
122,062 Deaths from Seasonal Flu
46,491 Deaths from Coronavirus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:41 pm 

Here are the latest figures for the 26th April 2020:

WORLDWIDE DEATHS THIS YEAR

01/01/20 - 26/04/20

13,555,797 Deaths from abortions
13,831 Deaths from Hunger
2,619,073 Deaths from Cancer
1,594,186 Deaths from Smoking
536,093 Deaths from HIV/AIDS
430,486 Deaths from Road Traffic Accidents
341,979 Deaths from Suicides
312,811 Deaths from Malaria
268,557 Deaths from unclean Water
155,162 Deaths from Seasonal Flu
203,596 Deaths from Coronavirus

Note: Numbers are sourced from the UN’s World Health Organisation.

Judging from the many reports in the media, both mainstream and alternative media, many of those reported deaths from Coronavirus are probably deaths from other causes. Also, there is an enormous difference to dying FROM Coronavirus, to dying WITH Coronavirus. The mainstream media favours reporting deaths WITH Coronavirus. But WITH Coronavirus is not necessarily the CAUSE of death.

Since the Coronavirus lock-down was imposed, I have a badly broken tooth, a tooth that is now giving me a lot of trouble. My (private) dentist tells me that he is not permitted to deal with my tooth because of the lock-down. There is now a risk that an abscess will develop around the tooth. During a much earlier conversation, my dentist informed me that before the advent of antibiotics a tooth abscess was the most common cause of death. Would my death from a tooth abscess be recorded as caused by Coronavirus, or by political insanity?

I'm aware that my broken tooth is an inconvenience, and there are many people out there who have had urgent medication postponed because of the lock-down. Such postponements are political cruelty, and in some cases may result in an early death sentence. But any medical need, however trivial, has the potential to become serious, even resulting in death.

I ask myself, would any member of this Government who had a broken tooth have to wait months before receiving treatment? I very much doubt it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 am 

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... t-country/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:17 pm 

Thanks Rob.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:30 pm 

Wow, so sorry to hear about your tooth Westonman. Hopefully Robongar's suggestion will sort it, otherwise A&E?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:05 am 

There are now three members of my family in need of dental treatment. My wife has now lost a major filling, and my son-in-law has been suffering from a large abscess around an upper front tooth, and my broken tooth.

My son-in-law, being in great pain, was the first to need a dentist; he, as I have, contacted his own dentist, who said that during this time of the ‘lock-down’ (lock-up) no dental work could be performed; a week’s supply of antibiotics was prescribed to deal with the abscess. The abscess responded to treatment, only to return two weeks later. Son-in-law contacted his dentist, who referred him to the NHS 111 ‘service’. NHS took the call in the morning and said they would call back later that day. No return call was received that day. The following afternoon NHS contacted my son-in-law, they had arranged for another prescription to be sent directly to a local chemist. A different antibiotic was prescribed as the previous prescription could not be repeated because of its destructive effect on the intestines. My daughter drove to the chemist to collect the new prescription, only to find that the prescription from the NHS had not arrived at the chemist. My daughter had to wait two hours plus at the chemist before the prescription arrived. The abscess is slowly responding to the new antibiotics, pain level very high and the face is swollen.

As soon as I saw Robongar’s provided link I contacted my daughter/son-in-law and passed on the details. My daughter contacted their dentist, and the NHS number for their area, both parties informed my daughter that the ‘emergency’ hubs will only treat people who are losing blood, and in great pain. And, the only service they will provide is extraction of the tooth.

My dentist will not advise us to contact the NHS hub (the rules are, we must go via our own dentist); he confirms that the NHS hub will not accept us unless we are in great pain and losing blood.

Both my daughter and I have written to our respective MPs explaining our personal predicaments. Not that either of us expect any positive action from the MPs, but I believe the MPs need to be aware of the kind of problems that they are party to creating. Maybe a degree of shame and guilt will infect them.

My dentist informs me that he’s had a number of patients contacting him for emergency treatment, and they’ve been given the same advise I have, which is to purchase a temporary dental filling kit and carry out your own repairs, so I expect there to be a long waiting list whenever B.J finally decides the lock-up can be lifted. Temporary fillings are like putty, they only stay in place if they are not disturbed in any way; which means regular replacement of the temporary filling. I’ve now spent more money on temporary filling kits than the cost of a tooth repair at my private dentist. Also, temporary dental filling kits are now in short supply, or they were when I ordered ours; had to wait three days for it to arrive. Our local chemist didn’t have any, a point that my dentist was aware of when I phoned him the first time.

I now appreciate what life in third world country must be like. I can only imagine the stress, fear, and pain that cancer patients, and other serious ailments, must be going through at this time.