News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
Hillingdon weather
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
Advertisement

It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:06 am 

STAY AT HOME, SAVE THE NHS, SAVES LIVES but only for the under 70s.

The first and primary function of any government is the defence of the nation and the protection of its people. We also need to bear in mind that the government forcibly extracts taxes from us in order to fund those primary responsibilities. In my case I have paid taxes from income for over 60 years.
For some considerable time in this “United Kingdom” it has been increasingly suggested that the elderly are the cause of the young being unable to afford a home. We elderly have frequently been told via the mainstream media that the ‘oldies’ are guilty of having purchased our homes on the cheap. It has been seriously implied, and never countered in any way by government and the majority of the political class, that the current high prices for homes is due to the greed of the selfish elderly. There have been many instances where “hate crime” type statements have been made by younger readers in the comments sections of newspaper articles, where the elderly are deliberately targeted. These “hate crimes” are permitted, and I believe encouraged by the writers of some newspaper articles, as if the aim of the news media is the demonise the elderly. Any word, (hate crime), against any other sector of society, however abnormal a particular lifestyle type may be, receives full protection under the from the news media and the police. But the elderly are considered to be legitimate targets for every form of age abuse and degradation.

Personally, am now seeing the truly ugly nature and purpose of this current government.
We are witnessing the rapid rise of a very nasty political nature, a nature that is very dark indeed; a nature that will disadvantage every living soul in the land, however young they may be today.

There are words that are appropriate when describing the nature of what we see emanating from this current government; one is “CALLUS”.

What is the meaning of “callus”?

From this on-line etymological dictionary
:

https://www.etymonline.com/word/callous ... line_v_610
callous (adj.)
c. 1400, "hardened," in the physical sense, from Latin callosus "thick-skinned," from callus, callum "hard skin" (see callus). The figurative sense of "unfeeling, hardened in the mind" appeared in English by 1670s. Related: Callously; callousness.
“Unfeeling”, “hardened”: towards the most vulnerable in society.

Another appropriate word to describe this government is CRUEL.

cruel (adj.)
c. 1200, "stern;" early 13c., of suffering, death, etc., "attended by much distress;" c. 1300, "inclined or willing to make another suffer, disposed to inflict suffering, mental or physical, on any sentient being," from Old French cruel (12c.), earlier crudel, from Latin crudelis "rude, unfeeling; cruel, hard-hearted," related to crudus "rough, raw, bloody" (see crude). Related: Cruelly.

Over recent weeks, since the government announced the effective house arrest of the ordinary people of this land, it has become somewhat clear that deaths amongst the elderly are considered by this government as an inevitable collateral damage, suspiciously possibly, a desirable outcome. There have been numerous news reports of deathsof the elderly dying, with many of those deaths appearing to be unnecessary and avoidable.

The current house arrest (Lockdown) Lockup, is accompanied with an effective withdrawal of essential medical treatments. Treatments such as dental services that were previously readily available. Needs that were usually regarded by the profession before the Lockdown/house arrest as URGENT, are now difficult to obtain, in many cases impossible to obtain. To make matters even worse, being over 70 years of age puts us in the category of “HIGH RISK” according to government dictates. To be in a “HIGH RISK” group would, to any reasonable person ought to imply that being “HIGH RISK” would necessitate that special care and treatment ought to be available for those at HIGH RISK. BUT NO, not according to this current government. Being HIGH RISK now means that treatment is denied for the over 70s, only the under 70s are worthy of treatment that the elderly have paid for over at least 50 years of taxation.

Now it’s personal. I am over 70 years of age; and I have a broken tooth. My wife, who is just under 70 has lost a tooth filling. Neither of us have had any success in obtaining dental treatment in the West of England since the introduction of this house arrest. A family member of our lives in Hampshire; they contacted us to say that they have located a dentist local to her who is prepared to provide dental services at this time. The good news is, my wife who is just under 70, now has an appointment with the Hampshire dentist to refill my wife’s tooth. The bad news is, because I am over 70 and in the government’s HIGH RISK group, the Hampshire dentist cannot treat my broken tooth. At appears, according to this careless government, a broken tooth for an over 70 is not worthy of treatment.

Being over 70 means that I am effectively being told by this callus and cruel government that I must either wait until their house arrest is cancelled before receiving dental treatment, which currently looks like never, or I must allow my dental problem to develop into a life-threatening abscess, or ‘hopefully’ die of this Coronavirus scare in the meantime. Either way, it appears that this government is determined to kill me off.

Be warned, you may be young today, but age creeps up on most of us if we are fortunate enough to live that long. First they came for the elderly and nobody spoke up, then they came for the unemployed and those considered to be of no economic value.... You were warned.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:15 am 

That is a disgrace. I agree with you about the Government wanting rid of us oldies - I am due to get my state pension in July, I'm sure they would like me to have the decency to snuff it before then.