News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 pm 

Dont need to say a anything.. Pictures speak louder than words

Last edited by ARTFTE on Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:34 pm 

Im glad you posted that ARTFE. Its a shame you didnt show the full registration number of the vehicle.

From the 6th to the 18th of February I daily drove my severely disabled Mother from her home in Hillingdon to Ealing Hospital where we spent almost 7 hours a day at my dying Fathers bedside. Ealing hospital has a total of just 6 Disabled parking bays for the entire hospital. Meanwhile there are dozens of ' Staff parking only ' bays right on the doorstep.

On the day I received a call asking my permission to turn my Fathers life support system off, I rushed my Mother up to the hospital. Of the 6 disabled parking bays 2 were taken up by contactors vehicles. We had to wait almost an hour for a wheelchair to be provided, and during that time we were parked in an area warning that we would be clamped, blue badge or not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:43 pm 

That is the liesure centre, what the picture does not show is they are alongside two pay and display bays that could just as easy accomodate the building material with no extra effort, so 4 of the 5 bays are taken out, rather than 2 pay and display bays, are we really that hard up ?? :) :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:10 am 

No need to paint out registration numbers in pix like this Artfte.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 pm 

Jon wrote:
No need to paint out registration numbers in pix like this Artfte.

Right jon .I wasnt sure so I went for the safest option

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:09 am 

I seem to remember from another forum.
There is a law, about showing registration plates on a forum like this one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:31 pm 

[quote="Batty bat"]I seem to remember from another forum.
There is a law, about showing registration plates on a forum like this one.[/quote

I'd rather Not show it and be Wrong.Than show it and be Not right

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 am 
Site Admin

Anything and indeed, anyone, in a public place in the UK can be photographed and the photograph published.

The law comes into play only if you are in some way harassing someone or causing a breach of the peace ... singling out particular individuals to photograph without their permission could well be construed as harassment if they felt harassed by what you were doing.

Media organisations usually obscure number plates as a courtesy, because of problems such as cloning etc. In the case of high profile people they also do it because of security considerations.

An illegally parked vehicle merits no special considerations... feel free to publish the scene in full.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 am 

Admin wrote:
An illegally parked vehicle merits no special considerations... feel free to publish the scene in full.

The Pictures that started this thread of commercial vans taking the disabled parking bays at the swimming pool did no good to improve the situation at the new swimming pool, as along with contractors vans taking the space also the building material is stacked there, also there are two pay and display bays that are just as close to the point of unloading that are left empty that could be used without any extra effort, but taking out the five disabled bays is the chosen preferance. so why do the wardens still patrol the area? bit more Council double standards if you ask me. :( :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:15 am 

You would of thought that when the Council submitted plans for this so called leisure center the architect would of built in a service entrance/delivery bay/loading/unloading feature in this brand new deluxe super gym/swimming pool complex that Borat and his cronies were fluffing on about a few years ago.

Oh it must be me, knowhere to park usual NAZI traffic wardens sculking about in the shadows and an odd one way system in place or walk the pavements which are so narrow two people have to squeeze past each other any more than 15 people in the pool and its full up, continental style changing hope your not shy, the first floor so airless that Im surprised their hasent been a spate of heart attacts.

And the old pool sitting derelict to the vandals.

For the density of the population of Hayes the council have definately bought the cheapest version they could, the question is would the north of the borough get such a poor facility with such poor services??

Just look at how much they have spent on the Lido in Uxbridge, come on counselers how much is going on Ruislip Lido.

Shame on you Hillingdon Council.