News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 pm 

Someone gave my car a severe wallop when they got out of their car in Lombardy car park the other day, banging the driver's door into my rear wheel arch.

My passenger got out to have a go at him -- and it ended up with him inviting us to follow him home for £20 compo! Amazing!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm 

Got -- Cha

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:21 pm 

Moley wrote:
I received what is only the 2nd parking ticket in many years of driving last week whilst parked outside my Mothers house in Granville Road, Hillingdon.

Granville Road operates a resident permit system, for reasons best known to the council, and parking areas are marked out on the roadway. I was parked in one of the marked areas. My Mother is severely disabled so doesn't own a car or drive, and therefore has no need for a resident parking permit. However she does have a Blue Badge ( for use when I or anyone else takes her out in a car ) and has also been issued with a special permit for use by the Carers who regularly visit her.

I could have used either of those options I suppose, but chose instead to use the ludicrous 'scratch card' permit system she is also entitled to ( at a cost ), for visitors.

I duly scratched the correct details and placed the card on my dashboard in a clearly visible position. I happened to be looking out of the l window when the low-life parking attendant was attaching the Parking Notice to my windscreen, and rushed out to question his action.

My so called 'offence/infringement' was that I had genuinely forgotten to write my vehicle registration number in the tiny box which is provided on the miniscule scratch card. A simple and genuine error which may well cost me £30-£60. I have of course appealed the decision and provided photographic evidence to back up my appeal.

Moley :evil:

UPDATE: My appeal was, quite rightly successful :D

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:11 am 

Well done Moley xxx

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:11 am 

Remember you are guilty until you prove innocent, a twist in the Law, to fit in. ;) ;)