News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 pm 

in a few weeks it will be all dead and burried,(where it belongs) and we mortal folk can get back to earning a crust.
i am waiting for it to all go pear shaped,and listening to the radio as i do,the vast majority of people think the same way as me :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm 

its a multiplicity of aborsionistic atrocities the whole idea staging the Olympiad in a city still struggling to get away from the eighteenth century, the most ill conceived idea since 1948, too hold in London as the world stage is opened to the world, while being closed to the natives, no doubt a few of the politicians will bathe in the reflected glory of how Johny Foreigner sees us, without the backlash of inconvenience, as suffered by the rest of us, in the London area, who also have the honour of paying for it all while the rest of the Country has a free ride. Dick Turpin would have been proud of the 21st century apprentices he inspired in SW1. :o :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:54 pm 

Blimey Jim where did you get all that from! :lol: ;) ;) ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 pm 

Batty bat wrote:
There was a bit on the news, about London streets. It said that the cab drivers have been told that they can't drive on half the streets.
Is this right?

Surely that is the practice anywhere in the UK . One can only drive on half of the street, folk driving on the other half are going in a different direction. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 pm 

Do you ever cheer up Jim ?!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:24 pm 

Not all the time they take money from my pension just because I live within the M25, jeez! the people working within the M25 are recognised with London Weighting, but not only do pensioners not get it, they are expected to chip in, and certainly I do cheer up when the occasion arises, but please dont tell me the fantastic value for money I am getting living in this part of the world for over 80 years 73 in Hayes. :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 pm 

I dont have a problem at all, dont travel anywhere apart from to the jobcentre to sign on, rest of the time I walk to the pub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:53 pm 

Moley wrote:
Do you ever cheer up Jim ?!

Give me one good reason why I should, as a person borne in London moved out into the country side town of Hayes in1938 aged 6½, went all through WW2 living here through good, and not so good years, worked here until I retired in 1996, saw the Urban District Council of Hayes and Harlington, gobbled up into the London borough of Hillingdon, my neighbours change colour year on year until now I stand out as a none immigrant, I can honestly say hand on heart, the Country has gone down the tubes, and is probably worse now than in the dark days of the forties, when every body spoke the same language, and in the same boat. Now we are Council tax fodder, looking after the occupants of the big house in Uxbridge, to maintain a cosy lifestyle, seeing our children, and grand children, wanting to marry and set up home, with no chance of getting a tenancy, sure I will cheer up when being white and English is no longer a handicap, a second class citizen, as law abiding, Tax paying, pensioner give me one good reason why I should be happy after the reward for 51 years labour I put into the kitty, with Tax on what I earned. Tax on what I spend, maybe tax on when I die. :) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 am 

You and I think alike Jim, we are the second class citizens now that come last in our hour of need.