News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 am 

Hi .. Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem, please?

I am using my Microsoft Word Processor to print some documents I have prepared.

I firstly prepared them on A4 pages using size 12 font.

Then I changed them to A5 and size 11 font. (A4 pages saved separately).

All my A5 pages are saved and I can print them directly onto A5 sheets of paper. I can also print them back to back on the Duplex setting.

BUT I am having problems when I try to print 2 A5 pages side by side. I can get it all looking correct in the page setup
but when I print the page setup, the font and text is much smaller than size 11 and the pages are reduced, too, and are
only looking the size of a pocket-diary!

I experimented enlarging the text to 14 and so, when I printed, that reduced to probably font size 11. This seems to mean that, although my pages are setup to a full size, 2 A5's, something is reducing the typed work and pages.

The thing is, I've tried many different options without success, and wonder if anyone can tell me how I can print my page setup as 2 A5's side by side and a readable size text?

I would be grateful for any hints. Thankyou very much.

Marian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:58 am 

This isn't going to help you but Word has a mind of it's own.

Where I work there are people who create documents for a living. In almost all cases they are now using Open Office and only converting them into Word documents at the last minute if they have to forward them on.

When we were changed from WordPefect to Word many years ago we all had formatting problems. Word either won't do as it's told or one small change will trickle through the rest of the document changing styles all over the place.

On the other hand I can't fault Excel, it just seems to work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 pm 

Hi Kremmen,

In the dropdown menu when I am opening a file, I now see Wordperfect 6.0, Works 2000, and Word 97 - 2003. I could experiment with those but I don't see any mention of Excel. Maybe I could try converting to that if possible. Thankyou for replying with your information which I appreciate. Marian.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm 

I have made positive progress by going back to my A4 pages so it is a good thing I saved them!

I printed 2 A4 pages side by side and increased the font size to size 14. The printed result is smaller but readable text. I might have to go to font size 16 which is much too large until it reduces at the printing stage, then I hope it will be the exact size I want.

Now I have to guess the margin settings and see what happens. This is all improvisation but getting there by degrees.

Marian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:46 am 

Good :)

Excel isn't a Word Processing package so don't try and use it as one. It's a Spreadsheet for performing calculations.

I make very little use of Word as most of my letters are via Outlook in email.