News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 pm 

Having just completed a book I have been working on recently, I now need to find an agent who could present my efforts to publishers who deal with the subject of women's personal life experiences.

I would like to know if anyone is aware of book agents local to Hayes, Hillingdon, and Uxbridge who I could contact and deals with this kind of subject. I have had a small amount of books printed and comb-bound and this book covers the preceding circumstances which led to shattering, life-changing events.

Thankyou
Marian

I am not sure where this question fits best and so have posted here as it seemed the best option.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 pm 

I am finding that taking the road to finding an agent in the way I asked in my post above is not necessarily the way to go these days.

It is very interesting finding out about the more modern way of publishing books and this is an education in itself.

Also, I am learning what sort of people may or may not be interested in reading stories where they can learn something about themselves by working out how they would have coped had they gone through the same or similar circumstances.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 am 

Tess of the D'Urberville's by Thomas Hardy has been the book I have read and read again and watched the T.V. film as well. Hardy wrote the book brilliantly to highlight a subject in the public's interest, especially women, and set the locations in places we may know but changing the names in the story.

Unfortunately, Tess's trust being so betrayed by the one she loved led to her sad end and so the reader closes the book wondering how they would have felt to have been so betrayed.

I wonder if others read such thought-provoking books like this now and think on what life must have been like so many years ago, and even in later years when there was not the help around that there would be now.