News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Townsend house school.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:41 am 

I used to go to Townsend house school, when I was young.i know the school is now closed down, but whatever happened to the staff, I remember mrs Clark, and mrs lord.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:28 am 

I think we have a member here who might be very interested in your post!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:51 pm 

Oh, my goodness ... this is a surprise!! :-) I have always been wondering what happened to all the children I helped to look after from day to day all those years ago. I remember the headmistress Mrs Clarke very well as I do most of the staff there, but at the moment, I don't recall Mrs Lord. I would absolutely love to know who the poster is :-)
Best Wishes
Marian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm 

I knew you'd like that one Marian :-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:46 pm 

I was there in the 1960s, I remember going to see Humpty Dumpty, on ice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:28 pm 

That would be earlier than when I worked there but it is still great that you have posted here. :-) The fact that we both knew Mrs Clarke means we share similar memories. She was someone who could be very stern, but suddenly make you laugh when she'd say something really funny. Her favourite expression was that she had set out for work 'before the streets were aired'. and 'best apples in the window today'.Travelling by bus each day, she never seemed to know how easy or difficult her journey was going to be, and being that her dedication was to get to the school in good time, she used to look quite anxious on arrival if she had thought she was going to be late. There always had to be a cup of tea at the ready for her to start the day.

I wonder what members of staff were there just before the early 70's?
Maybe Mrs Liebeman would have been one of them.

Also, I think the secretary had been there some time before I started there and came from Hayes End.

I think the school building has been demolished now, It was more like an old double-fronted house than a school.

I hope you are well, JellieB, and thankyou for posting and asking about past staff at the school.

MariaN :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:32 pm 

I remember that Edie Nigh, was the driver of the bus that picked me up., and Mrs Roberts, was the carer on the bus.

Why did the school close?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:58 am 

By the way my name is jeremy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:44 am 

Hi Jeremy,
I remember Edie and Mrs Roberts very well. I believe I have a photo of them with the blue minibus somewhere and so will have a look and if I find it, I will post it either here or maybe, better still, in the school section on the Photos Galleries.

It has made my day knowing that you have written on here. I'm sorry I don't really know why the school closed down but probably another hotel seemed like a good idea :-(

Goodnight for now

Marian :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 am 

Hi Jeremy
I have found the few photos I took when I was working at the school. I have uploaded the one showing the school-minibus (just about as it was December and getting dark). Edie and Mrs Roberts are both on the picture with some of the children after their Christmas party.
I could upload the others later which I took of some of the children enjoying themselves at the Christmas party if you would like to see them?
All Best Wishes
Marian