News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm 

Today, the 9th November is the sad anniversary of losing Carolyn, my daughter, and who was a Cranford Park School pupil.
She was the sweetest little girl and being separated from her was unthinkable. She loved going to Cranford Park School.
In loving memory xxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 am 

From our Goodbyes as time goes by and Anniversaries slip by, look forward its less time to wait
until we say Hello.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 pm 

Dear Percy. Thankyou for adding your thoughts. It is very kind.

Have sent you an email.
Thankyou again.
Marian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 pm 

Blimey Marian - how sad :(

I simply don't know how parents cope with losing a child - whatever their age. So a big virtual hug to you and hubby at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am 

It is as a great pain load that is for ever within you, to reach out their is no one their, to call their name their is no reply,only the everlasting ongoing torturous pain.
Others will say time to let go,if you love and cherish for me that's the imposable, as pain will never let go, one at times may have to put on a brave face, but pain never.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 am 

Thankyou, SOT and Bedwyn for your understanding words. The torment and pain has been twofold as I had already lived many years without my daughter when her father held onto her (and my two sons). I lived each day and night not knowing if I would ever see her, and later, my sons again. That kind of anguish and worry which made every minute a lifetime and filling me with fear that I could have already lost her (and my sons) forever is an experience that will never fade. That is how I came to substitute the pain and time with writing songs and music. It is also why my music means so much to me. To have lost her again is just how Bedwyn describes, but no-one could really ever understand and so, as he also says, we have to try and put on a brave face and hide our pain to get through life.

On these anniversaries, there is a need to face the truth of what we are really going through inwardly so ...

Thankyou, both, for your words and understanding. It means a lot.

Marian

Edited to include my sons, although we had been talking about the sad loss of Carolyn. I felt that it may be misleading not to include my sons in our time of having to live apart. They, too, feel the loss of their sister very strongly.

Also, I am sorry I left your name out, Bedwyn. Thankyou again for your second, very moving post.

My husband would like to add something later but in the meantime has asked me to thank you all.

Marian

Last edited by Marian on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:15 pm 

It is said that there is nothing sadder than a parent losing a child. It is nature doing things back to front. Having seen photos of your beautiful daughter, Marian, I can only try to share the sadness of this anniversary. The pain never really goes away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 pm 

My thoughts are with you as ever at this time of year Marian.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 am 

I would like to say thankyou to you all for all these kind and thoughtful words. To be able to read them has helped through this so sad time.

With love
From
Marian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 pm 

Many thanks for the very kind words and thoughts posted in memory of Carolyn.
I didn't have kids of my own so Carolyn meant a lot to me, along with her two brothers.
She had a great sense of humour even though things were tough at times.
She was kind to people and animals.
Her loss still stings and her passing has left a huge gap.

Best wishes
Carolyn's Stepfather