News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:14 pm 

This is a special memory of who I have always thought a very special person and must have been from somewhere not that far from Hayes. I have written this experience in the book I am writing which is mentioned in the Books/Arts section:

I remember one day going into a departmental-store in a nearby town. I was sitting in the restaurant at a table with a pot of tea in front of me but not being able to drink any of it.
More text here but I have shortened the paragraph for posting this memory.
Suddenly, as if waking from a dream, I looked up and there was a young lad, probably about 15 years old and working, I think, as a Saturday worker clearing tables. I could hear his voice as he looked at me. He was saying to me something like 'whatever it is, come tomorrow things won't seem so bad. Just keep thinking of that and it will be alright'.
I have never forgotten this kindness from a young lad just starting out in a more adult world, and yet he took the time and thought to say this to me.
Maybe that young man saved my life by giving me some hope and faith to face another day.

(c)Marian
Nov.2012

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:57 pm 

Whatever befalls us in a life of hurt and sorrows
Their is always, somewhere, a guiding hand or light
But you in turn must begin to look for that light
Maybe that young man was send to be . Your guiding light or hand that you seek.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 pm 

Thankyou for your thoughtful reply, Bedwyn.

That young man, all those years ago, was a shining light in the darkness of my world at that time. For such a young person to have not only noticed how distressed I was, but actually stopped, thought, and spoke to me in such a caring way has actually provided a foundation of faith for me through thick and thin.

I wonder where this special person is now.

I should add that there have been others I would call later shining lights in my life as well, and this has made them special too. But that young man I have written about here on Memories and in my recent writings is special in his own right because he was so young and a stranger.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm 

Some say that Angels walk among us !!! You never know :|