News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:24 am 

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and happy. Just popped in to say hi. I was amazed my password worked, more to the point, I remembered the blooming thing!

I don't know how many of you are on Facebook but there is a page called HAYES, HILLINGDON AND UXBRIDGE PAST AND PRESENT So many people from Hillingdon chatting and reminiscing about things I had forgotten existed. Worth a look.

;)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:36 am 

I'm glad you remembered your way back to us Noeline. We missed you.

:D

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:18 pm 

Definirely have Noeline! We have a shortage of women! :cry:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 am 

Pam wrote:
Definirely have Noeline! We have a shortage of women! :cry:

I know how you feel :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:21 pm 

Noeline wrote:
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and happy. Just popped in to say hi. I was amazed my password worked, more to the point, I remembered the blooming thing!

I don't know how many of you are on Facebook but there is a page called HAYES, HILLINGDON AND UXBRIDGE PAST AND PRESENT So many people from Hillingdon chatting and reminiscing about things I had forgotten existed. Worth a look.

;)

:o No No!! Do all your reminiscing here!! :lol: Bit miffed some people have posted pix there from our albums, would be nice if they signed up and left some comments on the albums if they enjoy the piccies. Lovely to hear from you Noeline.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:00 pm 

On the subject of pubs no longer with us, the Pear Tree on the junction of Goulds Green and Cornwell Lane. It was very popular in the 50s-60s when they held boxing bouts in the rear garden, the publicans were the Neathercotts there son Terry still lives in Hayes and is one of the top dog judges in the country (found this bit of info via the internet) I did see him some years ago on the TV as a contestant in the Generation Game.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:51 am 

For a while I lived in Dickens Ave., just round the corner from the Pear Tree.
Remember Mrs. Nethercott was a very big woman who sat at the end of the bar, the atmosphere was a bit "Victorian"
:D

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 am 

It ended up having strippers at lunchtimes! I wonder what they would have thought of that!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:08 am 

Pam wrote:
It ended up having strippers at lunchtimes! I wonder what they would have thought of that!

Now you tell me!
:shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:23 am 

So did the Woolpack.

Is the Woolpack still open? Along that road most of the pubs seem to have closed down (thinking of the Ram, Pear Tree and that one further towards EMI)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next