News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 am 

We tried the Tai Pan Chinese restaurant in Uxbridge last Friday night. It's one of those buffet places - eat what you like. Being Friday it was busy and VERY noisy - there were only two of us and we got stuck in the corner. The food wasn't that nice - sweet and sour was all vinegar, Beef Satay was tough and fatty, some side dishes were cold. Throughout the meal the staff wandered around and made us feel uncomfortable by hovering, staring and constantly asking if we wanted extra's. We had to keep getting up because staff wanted access to a cupboard behind our table and as soon as we finished the plates were taken and we were expected to leave !! Not overly expensive at £40 for two of us - but won't be going again ....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 am 

jane wrote:
We used to love going to the Waters Edge in Ruislip (by the Lido) for the carvery. It was always cheap but nice food. We went there on a Wednesday Evening a few weeks ago and it was awful. The meat was so dry that it was hard, the vegetables were dried up, soggy roast potatoes and the gravy was a congealed blob !! There was no cutlery and despite asking we ended up finding some ourselves. No wonder the place was empty.
We thought it might have been a one off bad night and went back on a Sunday - it was busier but the food was just as bad. Over cooked & left on the hot plates to dry out. We won't be going there again !!

I went there a few weeks ago after a bike ride and the although the pie looked dry it was lovely on the inside and range of veg and choice of potatoes was great.

Now as mentioned earlier we had cycled there on the Celandine route from West Drayton and eventually through the woods so was fairly tired, hungry, cold and extremely muddy so after all that my overall state may have clouded my judgment.

Don't think I would choose go there for a meal, I tend to like the vintage inn chains

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 am 

I've mentioned this cafe before, No. 46 in west Drayton, I have been on at Angie (cafe owner) to open on Saturdays, and now that she has I thought it would be worth mentioning here. Purely selfish reasons as she does a fab bacon and egg sandwich.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 am 

Is that the Place that used to be Munchies ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm 

jane wrote:
Is that the Place that used to be Munchies ???
not sure only been in the area 2 years myself

Maybe Sunshine can shed some light

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 pm 

There was a guy who used to post on here who knew the cafes in WD. I don't go there very often - sorry.