News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-Paid Funerals
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:38 pm 

Hi all. as you all know the white Rabbit died this year .and i was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding Pre-Paid Funerals.I have been told they increase by £500 a year,and as yet there are NO government legislations as to a fixed Charge. I have been offered a complease funeral Plan .fixed - one / off payment of £3.645.
Any one know of anything less expensive. Sorry to post such a morbid topic.but it comes to us all.Image[/img]

Post subject: Re: Pre-Paid Funerals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:25 am 

When Mrs Krem disappeared in 2013 I shopped around and the best value was Sherry in Greenford.

Cheaper but certainly not bad service.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:32 am 

I don't know about pre-paid, but when my mother died in January, the undertakers tried to overcharge us by £500. I honoured my mother's memory by not letting them get away with it as my mother certainly would not have let them get away with it. It was just a shameless, blatant, £500 from nowhere over the cost advertised on their website. When I queried it and asked for a breakdown, they sent a breakdown which tried to blur things, so I went and spoke to the lovely lady owner of the firm, went through with her politely what we knew was legitimate and what it came to and said that was what would would be paying. She replied "ok". It really was just £500 added to the bill because she thought she could get away with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:35 am 

I have specified in my will that I want my funeral to be the most economic available, no fancy frills and bits and bobs.

Sorted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:21 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
I have specified in my will that I want my funeral to be the most economic available, no fancy frills and bits and bobs.
Sorted.

Good for you Kremmen.I too will be going down that road.but we are still looking at £3.500 at to-days price. They recon in 10 years it will rise to ££7,000.,this is because the Government hasn't the time or inclination to review and cap it.I think these prices do NOT concern them ,the same as they does us.I have been putting £10 a week away,which I do not miss) =£500 a year ,10 years will be £5000.almost there.Paying up front £3500 ,would really hurt.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/cost-paupers-funerals-rise-kirklees-8303886
.....................................................................................................................................................

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:54 am 

If you want the most economic possible, did you know you do not have to use a funeral directors at all? You are perfectly at liberty, for example, to take a body to a crem yourself in the back of a van! It's cheaper if you let them burn it at their convenience, slightly more if you want a specific slot. You don't even have to use Artfte's carboard box, though it is suggested you wrap your loved one in a sheet or similar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 pm 

Jon wrote:
you do not have to use a funeral directors at all? You are perfectly at liberty, for example, to take a body to a crem yourself in the back of a van!
spose it would have to be a white van? Jon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:26 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:39 am 

:lol:

Even the van isn't mandatory....but leave it to our imagination!