News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am 

Dr Lindzen, an atmospheric physicist, made a presentation to the House of Commons on the 22nd February criticising the threat of CO2 to the survival of the planet.

The presentation may be downloaded from here:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 48505a.pdf

If there is a thread of integrity within our elected representatives, all MPs should be asking some very serious questions about the threat, or non-threat, of CO2.

I have sent a copy of Dr Lindzen's presentation to my MP. I have asked whether he attended the presentation, if not, why not. And I have asked for my MP to reply to me with his comments on the presentation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 am 

Brilliant Westonman, thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:40 pm 

Here is the reply from my Conservative MP to my referring him to Dr Linzen's presentation in the House of Commons.

Quote:
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent email pointing out the recent presentation of Dr Linzen on climate change – I've read it with great interest and you're absolutely right that Dr Linzen is clearly a serious academic from a prestigious institution whose research conclusions need to be treated seriously. That said, there are many more equally heavyweight academics from similarly heavyweight and reputable universities who hold the opposite view from Dr Linzen, and so far he hasn't succeeded in convincing the rest of the scientific community that he's right.

Of course, as we all know, the dominant scientific consensus on any issue can change over time as both empirical and theoretical methods of investigation are refined and new research is published. And if this were to happen with climate change , then I would be happy to change my mind. But until is does, I'm afraid all we can do is agree to respect each other's point of view on this important topic.

Yours Sincerely, YYYYYYYYY MP