News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 am 

The UN:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu- ... -decision/
Quote:
Furious Israeli politicians accused the UN’s cultural arm of anti-Semitism Thursday in the wake of a resolution approved by UNESCO that erases the Jewish connection the Jerusalem holy sites. ...

… Lawmakers from both the right and left of the political spectrum said the decision, which refers to the Temple Mount and Western Wall only by their Muslim names and condemns Israel as “the occupying power” for various actions taken in both places, was ill-befitting of UNESCO.

...To say that Israel has no link to the Temple Mount is like saying that China has no link to the Great Wall or that Egypt has no connection to the Pyramids,” Netanyahu said, adding that “with this absurd decision UNESCO has lost what little legitimacy it still had.”

Zion IS Jerusalem:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zion
Quote:
ZION:
Zion (Hebrew: צִיּוֹן‎‎ Tsiyyon), also transliterated Sion, Sayon, Syon, Tzion or Tsion, is a place name often used as a synonym for Jerusalem.[2][3] The word is first found in 2 Samuel 5:7 which dates from c.630–540 BC according to modern scholarship. It commonly referred to a specific mountain near Jerusalem (Mount Zion), on which stood a Jebusite fortress of the same name that was conquered by David and was named the City of David. The term Tzion came to designate the area of Jerusalem where the fortress stood, and later became a metonym for Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, the city of Jerusalem ...

2 Samuel 5:7
Quote:
Nevertheless, David took the stronghold of Zion, that is, the city of David.

Psalm 2:
Quote:
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying,
“AS FOR ME, I HAVE SET MY KING ON ZION, MY HOLY HILL.”

I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
​Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:00 pm 

Anti-semitism is not just rife in the Labour Party but also embedded in many global organisations & governments. The UN is simply expressing another outward sign of this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:08 pm 

The members of the United Nations are deceived, they are blind. They like to think that they are so wise, yet they have become extreme fools. Not only is the UN deceived and foolish, they are deceivers who are leading the nations and people of this world down a blind ally. Their foolishness ranges from imagining that they can capture and defile Jerusalem and the Jews, to their unjustified and fixated stupidity of man-made global warming/climate change.

Micah Chapter 4 of the Bible makes very interesting reading regarding the current international hatred of the Jews and their claim to Jerusalem. Below is a quote from Micah Chapter 4, verses 11 through to verse 13; for clarity I have inserted amplification in brackets, for Zion is Jerusalem, the city of the King of the Jews. The King is the returning Christ Jesus who will deliver and save the remnant of His people, the Jews:

Quote:
Micah 4: 11-13
Now many nations are assembled against you, saying, “Let her be defiled, and let our eyes gaze upon Zion. (Jerusalem)”
But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD; they do not understand his plan, that he has gathered them as sheaves to the threshing floor.
Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion, for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs bronze; you shall beat in pieces many peoples; and shall devote their gain to the LORD, their wealth to the Lord of the whole earth.

Likewise, Chapter 12 of the book of Zechariah is also is very pertinent to current events.
Here is a quote from Zechariah Chapter 12, verses 3 through to verse 5:
Quote:
On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.
On that day, declares the LORD, I will strike every horse with panic, and its rider with madness. But for the sake of the house of Judah (Jews) I will keep my eyes open, when I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.
Then the clans of Judah (Jews) shall say to themselves, ‘The inhabitants of Jerusalem have strength through the LORD of hosts, their God.’

Zechariah chapter 12 verses 10 and 11 identify the One who will save the remnant of the Jews, the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the One whom “they pierced”:
Quote:
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.
On that day the mourning in Jerusalem will be as great as the mourning for Hadad-rimmon in the plain of Megiddo.
The Jews will mourn because they will finally realise that they crucified their Saviour, Redeemer, King, Lord of Heaven and Earth; the who offered eternal life, the One who rose from the dead.

We are living in momentous times, times in which the Bible is being proven infallible; in complete contrast to the imagined 'wisdom' of the likes of the UN and its fallible supporters. The whole of the Middle East, particularly Israel and Jerusalem, are all worthy of our closest interest in these momentous times. Events in Syria, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Russia, Jordan, Turkey, Israel, and the UN, appear to be falling in-line with Bible prophecy. The King IS Coming soon.

Is it not strange that the political class, along with most of the global society, are obsessed with global warming/climate change, saving the planet, and political correctness, when the really interesting and momentous events are being grossly misunderstood and effectively ignored?.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:51 pm 

How, in your view Westonman, should we prepare for the Final Coming?