News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Estate agents
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:29 pm 

vlad the impailer wrote:
you lot trying to put me off ? :roll:
Not at all Vlad. Go for it, I did, and I've never regretted it. I think Somerset is a great part of the world.

I now spend much of my time on and around Exmoor walking and photographing. The winter time provides some of the best opportunities; then the visitors are all back in town working to fund the Government's debt. The peace and quiet, and the pace of life is a complete contrast to the London area.

Before leaving London, my wife was an asthmatic reliant on endless doses of various drugs; she was also on blood pressure control pills. Within three months of our coming to Somerset she was 100% drug-free. Even her regular severe migraine attacks have all stopped occurring.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 pm 

Avoid Camerons in Station Road

My daughter has had problems with them in the very recent past. Young arrogant and useless (the agents, not her!!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm 

I went to philip laurance,had 1 visit the day i went there and 5 today.....looking promising.
Westoman,i know what you are saying,the people i know down there came from round here and have never felt healthier :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm 

vlad the impailer wrote:
I went to philip laurance,had 1 visit the day i went there and 5 today.....looking promising.
Westoman,i know what you are saying,the people i know down there came from round here and have never felt healthier :D
I really hope it all works out well for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:04 am 

The pix in Philip Lawrences window look as if they've been there for about 3 years!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 am 
If you do make it down to Cider Country you won't regret it, away from the odious Estuary mentality plus Bath, Cardiff, and Exeter are decent cities to have on your doorstep.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:49 am 

we spent a year at Dulverton working, on the river Barle a place named Tarr Steps, lovely place :|

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:25 am 

Well, Haart made a pigs ear of our place, eventually apologised and then told us that they would include our experience as part of their training programme.

Also, with estate agents, you are normally signing a contract of sale, not one of service. Could be a big difference...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 am 

In this internet age it really ought to be possible to sell without an estate agent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:45 am 

Jon wrote:
In this internet age it really ought to be possible to sell without an estate agent.
That is true.

I sold a house in Hayes without an estate agent long before the internet age. The house had been in the hands of an agent for about 8 months without a sniff of a sale. At that point I told the agent the deal was off. I let things settle down for a couple of weeks to ensure there was no link to the estate agent, then I purchased a two week advert in the Hayes Gazette. If I remember correctly, the advert appeared in the paper on the Wednesday/Thursday, and by the following Saturday morning the house was sale agreed. I think the advert cost me about £25 at the time. It was the best £25 I've spent.

It turned out that a couple had driven up from Brighton on the Saturday morning looking for a property. They bought the local papers, saw my advert, phoned me, came round and bought the house.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next