News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Some comic relief
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:19 pm 
This had to go into Light Chat given it's comedic prose

http://www.galliardhomes.com/Trident-House

A new focal point for the regeneration of Hayes, :lol: :lol: Galliard Homes offer an all-private development of 98 superbly appointed apartment suites situated in one of London’s most up and coming west London commuter belts. :shock: ( this bloke's either on drugs or taking the piss :lol: )

Modern in design, and convenient in location, the suites at Trident House will provide an appealing environment ( yeah, it sure will, bud ) :| to those seeking an exciting lifestyle ( yeah, pure sex, drugs and rock n'roll around here ) while remaining easily reachable, yet comfortably distant, from the hustle and bustle of city life. Set within a former office building, each fully refurbished and individually designed living environment will enjoy high specification interiors, designed to maximise on space, style and comfort.

Centrally located, Trident House is perfectly placed for residents to enjoy the best the local area has to offer ( oh jesus, some mug somewhere's going to read this and believe it ! :o , from its high street amenities to recreational facilities and surrounding green open spaces. Hayes and Harlington station is located adjacent to the building, providing direct connections into London Paddington, Zone 1. With such easy access into central London, at Trident House you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to world-class dining, entertaining and retail therapy options. ( you might be right about needing therapy :P )

Crossrail will arrive at Hayes and Harlington station in 2018 bringing Trident House even closer to the City, West End and Canary Wharf, and in doing so providing its investors to the area with huge potential for capital growth.( The new Shoreditch indeed ! ) Coupled with the extensive redevelopment and improvements to the local vicinity, proximity to Heathrow Airport and a growing commuter catchment increasing rental demand, ( read as one-way ticket from Heathrow after you've handed the keys to Hillingdon Council )these residences provide an appealing property investment opportunity.

Post subject: Re: Some comic relief
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:28 pm 

Needing therapy will be mandatory.

It's just a squeezed in monstrosity in an evening no-go area. I feel sorry for the people living in the first few houses in Blyth road who are now living without any sunlight. How did that high rise get planning permission?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:46 pm 
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/loc ... ed-8531449

you can even meet the neighbours here before you've made an off-spec down payment !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snwb-yoiaLU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:04 am 

bit like the "gated comunities" they built in the east end,the gates were needed to keep the local erbs out,all nice and peacefull till you have to leave and dodge the bullets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 am 

Kremmen wrote:
How did that high rise get planning permission?

Lol.... it's the old Avis building!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:00 am 

I don't think so, the Avis building was on the corner of Clayton Road opposite the Tumbler. This new one is on the old vinyl record site right next to the train line.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:43 am 

www.galliardhomes.com/Trident-House
What time of day did these people take the photos, I have never seen Hayes Town like this, anytime, great what I bit of air brushing can do.
It is the old Avis Building on the corner, one next door not ready yet are the sheltered accommodation near to railway, these will not be ready for use till next door is filled & the developers have made money along with those who allowed the conversation to take place, once that done, next door will be filled with the riff raf.
As for the houses in Clayton Road, simple, the people move, thus allowing them to be knocked down & need you ask another building for those who wish to walk to Hayes Station & work in the City when Crossway opens, all a cunning plan.

If you want another laugh, go into the Library & pick up Hayes Town Centre Improvements Leaflet, it ill make you Feel Proud according to Hillingdon Council, the Before & After photos are brilliant, not taken on a Friday that's for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:43 am 

I'm getting confused with the exact location. When I was last at the northbound bus stop opposite Hayes & Harlington, when this was going up, the building was right behind me and mostly on the old record works. These photo's do indeed show it as being where Avis was.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:11 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
I'm getting confused with the exact location. When I was last at the northbound bus stop opposite Hayes & Harlington, when this was going up, the building was right behind me and mostly on the old record works. These photo's do indeed show it as being where Avis was.

Thats where I thought it was too

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 am 

Apparently the first 'open day' was the 29th at 18:00. A family member was at H&H just before that and said there was a very long queue of people waiting to get in and presumably sign up. She guessed there were more people than flats so they may be all gone on day one.

Shows how bad the housing shortage is I suppose. I still don't think building anywhere and everywhere is the answer as this encourages more immigration. We also seem to be drifting back to the high rise with it's subsequent issues of the 60's and 70's.