News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Very quiet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 pm 

I am still here but can only look in occasionally because of life-changing circumstances and so am needed for being a carer. There were once many things about the forum I liked, especially the Photos section, and being able to talk about Hayes and local areas, the carnival, schools, and being reunited with people I never dreamt I could be in touch with again. I am not going to mention dismaying disasters which underlined misunderstandings which caused distress.
I enjoyed the input from councillors, some more outspoken than others but they added an ingredient on the forum which spiced things up with ensuing comments and debates :-)
It was a shame that much was lost and I know that it caused great disappointment to many members.
I would like to continue writing on here in the forum and looking for the occasional reply although will always miss Davrob and Bedwyn who replied quite consistently. Without the replies, it is hard to keep a subject going.
In fondness for your forum and work, Jon,
From Marian
p.s. have just remembered I had a call from a choir member recently so will post about that when I can A good thing to happen and I was so pleased.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:13 am 

Great to hear from you Marian...I was wondering where you'd been! So sorry to hear about your difficult circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 am 

Thankyou, Jon.
I have not had time as have been at the hospitals best part of each day since November until the middle of April. My husband had an operation which was serious and I didn't know what the outcome was going to be. It has been quite exhausting and caring takes up most of my time, some days more worrying than others.

Thankyou for your concern and things are not as bad as they were and I am grateful for that.

Will write at some point about the call i had from a past choir member as that was a good thing to happen. :-)

Good wishes from
Marian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:55 am 

I shall look forward to that and glad to hear things have eased.