News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Carers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:29 am 

bedwyn wrote:
Hello Marian,
What can I say, Jon as stolen my thunder.

I have said this before and I will say it again, your contributions to this site are not only excellence, but, of many excellence's.

So please Marian do not hide your light under a bushel, step up to the footlights and take the applause. Take care

Percy.

Hello Percy,
Thankyou, also, to you for your kind words.
I am a shadow of my former self with no pride in myself. Everything I have done in my life which I thought was good, interesting and possibly inspiring is now meaningless. I wish I had never bought a computer and instead, just kept my life as it was.
This is me with no footlights and applause. The best thing is having two people here who wrote so kindly so thankyou again for taking the time to write and post.
Take care
Marian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 am 

Shame on me for being so negative about my past efforts.!

I am trying hard to rekindle my love of music so that I can experience that joy again and allowing nothing to change that spirit I had.

Just like the bird I hear singing every day and seeming to be saying not to give up.

Hopefully brighter times lie ahead.

Marian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 pm 

Marian,

I think you have answer your own'en posting, things can and do happen in life leaving one very hurt afterwards, but life goes on.
From my time of nursing my wife and watch her slowly slip away, for her sake I must fight my sorrows all the time, and to encourage her to see the brighter side, as I do not know how long I will have her with me.
So Marian you are on the right road, but at times its not easy, you owe it to yourself and the two good souls you mention, -- their is light at the end of the long tunnel. Percy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:52 am 

Percy,

Thankyou, and I am so sorry that your situation is so sad. Your determination and dedication has been inspiring. In these situations, all we can do is just go on trying our best and trying to hide our own feelings of sorrow. To look for the brighter side is best but not easy at times when we can feel lost and quite isolated from reality.

Since my own despondency when I wrote on here of how badly I felt, I have really tried to pick myself up and realise i must stay strong and so gain inspiration from others like yourself.

I wish all the best to you and your wife who you are so devoted to.

Marian