News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:24 pm 

My 'Singing Dogs' will be making a guest appearance as a novelty act. Cute, sing in tune, but cannot sign autographs. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 pm 

Hope the neighbours didn't complain during rehearsals. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:07 pm 

I have just noticed on the Photos Galleries that there was a good luck wish and also a question for me to answer. It was posted down the page under my last 'poster' about the change of programme from 'Singing In The Lane' to 'Jukeboxes and Coffee Bars' and I didn't see it until just now, sadly.
I have replied to say thanks and I will be making out an answer to the question of why a change was made. I was going to explain, anyway, but wanted to wait until after the 'event'.
Thankyou for reading.
Marian.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm 

How did it go? Hope the fabulous weather didn't get in the way too much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:44 pm 

We had a fab. time, thanks, and parts of both programmes were included. The audience was definitely quality rather than quantity. It is a shame you didn't come to see for yourself. :D

Marian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 pm 

As one of the people who did attend, I can say that the event went down well with us. As all those attending were mature residents of Hayes and elsewhere, we had a fine time reminiscing with Marian about schools in the old days, including Mellow Lane and Townfield. The atmosphere was set by a display of LP covers of artists and groups dating from the Fifties and Sixties. We could browse through press cuttings about the Hayes Girls Choir and Brian Trant, their brilliant Director of Music. Oh yes, and we were entertained by Marian's singing dogs. The time passed all too quickly. I hope Marian will find a way of presenting the abandoned "Singin' in the Lane" as I for one will go along. Where were all the people who wished her luck?

Last edited by davrob on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:47 pm 

That is a nice surprise review, Davrob. Thankyou.

I am hoping to bring back the postponed 'Singing In The Lane' at some time later on.

I was pleased that Cliff and Elvis memories, among other artists were enjoyed.

I am relieved that my singing dogs performed well. :)

Thankyou again for posting, Davrob.

Marian

Last edited by Marian on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:24 pm 

I am making enquiries to find another venue for 'Singing In The Lane' (Mellow Lane and Hayes Girl's Choir) and hope to have some news soon.

Apart from listening to the marvellous choir recording of Messiah at the Queen's Hall, I listened to my other recording of all the choirs taking part in the Music Festival in Dusseldorf all those years ago. I am sure that anyone interested in music and singing will be spellbound by the amazing voices of soloists and choirs who were chosen as top choirs from the different countries. Even though singing in their own languages, the sound is exquisite.

Thankyou for reading

Marian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm 

Maybe Charville Community Centre?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:25 pm 

That sounds like a good idea, Jon, but at the moment I am considering Hayes End which would also be near to where Mellow Lane was.
I had decided to try to play the Messiah record at the Queens Hall where the concert took place but as the church is not the same now, I feel that Hayes End would be just as good with lots of memories of school, choir and that area.

Will keep Charville Comm. Centre in mind though, so thankyou for the suggestion. :)