News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:27 pm 

On seeing a Jay visiting the garden I was reminded that some years ago, my aunt in America sent me a picture of a Blue Jay which she had cared for. It had been hurt, but when it recovered and she tried to set it free it didn't want to leave.

I wrote this song and had an economical demo made. At the time, there was a postal strike and so it took ages for me to receive the finished product. When it arrived and I opened up the package, I had a letter of apology for the delivery being late and the studio had made me out a manuscript of my music as well as the recording. Also, a gently humoured comment that it wasn't the Jay that had gone away but the postman. My song was about a Blue Jay which did actually leave, much to the regret of it's rescuer and carer.
I never did anything to promote the song which I had imagined as a John Denver style, but I enjoy the memories that went with it.

[i]chorus and part of v.1.

Blue Jay, oh Blue Jay
Why must you fly away
Blue Jay, oh Blue Jay
Oh please come back some day

Don't you know ...
the danger of a high and misty mountain
Don't you know ...
the peril of a stormy, angry sea ...

(c) words and music
Marian H.