News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:29 pm 

I found a photo taken receiving our prize as runner-up for my song Crowded Rooms. There are also 2 more of Anne singing it in the contest

http://www.anglocelt.ie/photostore/?sea ... 2&p=4&v=12
http://www.anglocelt.ie/photostore?

20 years ago! incredible!

Such a memory - happy with an added tinge of disappointment (maybe shedloads really!)

Last edited by Marian on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:03 am 

Excellent :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:06 pm 

Jon wrote:
Excellent :-)

A Susan Boyle moment if ever there was one! :cry:

The results were announced in reverse order and so when we were not seeming to be in the places further down there was a feeling of guarded hope that we could have won. To be announced as runner-up is neither winning or losing so a bit of a strange placing to experience. I had a record company owner standing with me and he said quietly to me that there would be no justice if Crowded Rooms didn't win but I still dared not hope that it had. I have never told anyone this before. The contest was a big thing for me and to have brought the crown home to the UK would have been something so special and I would have been soooo proud. :)
I hadn't ever realised how disappointed Anne looked on stage until I saw the photo I have linked this thread to, but it is understandable when she had performed the song so brilliantly, not just singing, but her expressions as the story was told/sung.

Marian (reliving a memory). :oops: