News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Hayes Town chaos
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:08 pm 

The chaos has started.

They've started work on Crown Close 'Spring 17' because the main town opening was supposed to be complete 'Spring 17'. Brilliant project management. In fact the main opening of Hayes town is far from complete. I've been down there a few times in the last year and there's usually very little work going on. The bandstand is still there and they've managed a few kerb stones. A long way to go I reckon.

What's now happened is that all the bus routes have had to be diverted round Blyth Road, Clayton Road, Printing House lane and Botwell Lane. On frequent occasions some bad parker is not leaving enough room and the buses are trapped until the car driver returns.

The simple answer is to ban parking on one side of the above roads, but so far that has escaped the deep thinking ones from the Council and TfL.

I noticed yesterday (Sat) at about 16:00 that Botwell lane had to be closed due to a collision so I've no idea what secondary diversion they had to implement.

Another knock on effect of the Crown Close closure is that the Argos, Poundland and Wilko artics have nowhere to park to unload.

I may have a trip down there in the week to watch the shenanigans.

Post subject: Re: Hayes Town chaos
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
The chaos has started.

I noticed yesterday (Sat) at about 16:00 that Botwell lane had to be closed due to a collision so I've no idea what secondary diversion they had to implement.

Was that closure to do with the bus v pedestrian collision in Printing House Lane (on the diversion route)?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/wes ... r-12729389

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:24 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
They've started work on Crown Close 'Spring 17' because the main town opening was supposed to be complete 'Spring 17'. Brilliant project management.
Kremen, The lack of joined-up thinking appears to be a prerequisite for anybody in positions of authority these days. It seems that anybody who claims to be anti CO2 is welcome to join the organisation.

A few examples of zero joined-up thinking:
New aircraft carriers without any planes, for years - if ever. Previously fully functional aircraft carriers sent to Turkey for scrap, before a replacement is anywhere near ready; and the previously serviceable post-updated Harrier jump jets were sold the the U.S for pennies. Road junctions that are re-worked to 'aid traffic flow' are soon found to require further updating (a major roundabout near me is currently being re-worked for the third time in four years). One minute diesel powered cars are good for the planet, now they are deadly people killing machines, despite £billions having been spent on technology to make them cleaner than petrol powered cars; plus no mention of the pollution from untaxed aircraft and shipping fuel. The giving away of our taxed income to foreign countries who are better off than Britain. An expensive and over-rated HS2 that nobody but the political class wants. The closure of many A&E departments and hospitals across the country, which will require many more travelling miles for all concerned. Ridiculous university place fees that in the majority of cases will never be fully repaid. An open door immigration policy that requires the building of millions of new houses to be built, without increasing any infrastructure – such as schools, roads, hospitals, GP surgeries, water, and electricity supplies, flood prevention, etc. I.T 'solutions' costing £millions frequently turn out to be colossal waste of taxpayers' money. Now the planning for the electrification of the Western Region railway line has to be done all over again, at great cost to the taxpayer, because of some EU directive, many of the bridges over the line will now have to be raised. The wilful destruction of essential coal-burning, and nuclear power stations closed in order to 'save the planet' from essential plant food; BEFORE the authorities have any idea what is to replace them (see the YouTube video linked to below).

The lack of joined-up thinking effects the whole of the political and authoritarian sectors. It can't be accidental. If it were accidental, then occasionally the same people would accidentally make a correct decision, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

Lack of official joined-up thinking - Where is the electrical energy to come from?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUb2ITS3Vmw

Couple the above video with this planned “network of moving things”: http://popupcity.net/the-internet-of-moving-things/
This article fails to mention that the electricity required to power the “network of moving things” will require fuel to be burnt somewhere in order to power the network. Electrical energy doesn't magically appear from nowhere just because the 'greens' want it to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 am 

SOT wrote:
Kremmen wrote:
The chaos has started.

Was that closure to do with the bus v pedestrian collision in Printing House Lane (on the diversion route)?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/wes ... r-12729389

No, that collision was after the diversion. This diversion is still causing chaos.

Yesterday, the scenario, 2 buses met along Botwell Lane, no problem, happens all the time anyway, diversion or not. One bus stopped to let the other through. A woman driver, I won't use ethnic as a cause, decided to overtake the bus that had stopped and met the other one nose on. She had no idea what to do as she was now trapped as the other cars behind the bus had taken her previous space. In the end another driver had to get her out and he drove her car into someone's driveway to get traffic moving again.

Hilarious to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 pm 

By coincidence, took some piccies in Hayes Town yesterday. Here's three of them...

Attachments:
20170315_174632_HDR.jpg
20170315_174632_HDR.jpg [ 5.18 MiB | Viewed 14733 times ]
20170315_174628_HDR.jpg
20170315_174628_HDR.jpg [ 5.76 MiB | Viewed 14733 times ]
20170315_172845_HDR.jpg
20170315_172845_HDR.jpg [ 6.68 MiB | Viewed 14733 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:51 am 

Buses are to use station road, southbound only, from either:

17:00 today

or

from Saturday morning

Depending on where you read it.

As said though, left and right hand not in coordination.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 am 

Not 17:00 Friday as they are running late, now Saturday morning.

Not Saturday morning as they are still running late, now Monday morning.

Not Monday morning because they are still running late now 16:00 Monday.

One thing that will be interesting is that there are a few fruit & veg shops in Hayes centre. When it was pedestrianised they would sprawl their wares right out across the pavement making it single file for pedestrians. When the wire barriers went up they had to move back considerably. I wonder when it opens to traffic and the barriers are removed whether they will sprawl out again. If they do that will be dangerous as someone may step into the road and be hit by a vehicle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 am 

It all depends on whether they own some of the pavement in front of their shops.... this is often the case!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 am 

The one that was a pain was the one near Poundland, they seemed to be expanding more and more by the week.

Before the work started their crates of fruit were right out to the lamppost and telephone forcing everyone to walk the other side.

The other thing that needs sorting is the almost continual double parking outside the shops in Coldharbour lane between the Birchway and Minet Drive. Frequently causes a jam in both directions. Once Hayes is opened to all traffic that will become more of an issue.

Oh I do like a good moan :D

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:08 pm 

No matter what time of day the parking is atrocious, like I knew it would be.

Hayes Town is a bottleneck and needs all day traffic wardens dishing out tickets.