News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm 

... I got caught and lost 15 minutes :(

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-l ... -33722047/

Must have been quite severe as the road is still closed 10 hours later for resurfacing.

I reckon the problem is that at 05:30 the southbound lights only let about 4 cars through. I bet someone tried to 'amber gamble'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:31 pm 

Nasty. Strange, it didn't affect me coming off the A40 at Northolt this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:30 am 

It would have, at its worst, affected all southbound traffic from the White Hart all the way down to Bulls Bridge roundabout.

I though the accident was at the lights just before the M4 but the bit that's been resurfaced is just over half way down the road between Bulls bridge roundabout and the roundabout under the M4.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:30 pm 

I got caught in the middle of that! From Willow Tree Roundabout to Hayes Fire Station took me 1hr exactly - I arrived at work some 90mins later than usual! Strange though because until I got to Bulls Bridge Roundabout, I didnt know the road was closed and ended up in the wrong lane for turning right into N.Hyde. I indicated and to move over and to my astonishment, someone let me in, not once but twice.

If I hadnt had checked the traffic news on Friday, I would have also got stuck in the M25 accident too - thankfully got home an hour later than usual by going through Surbiton, Kingston, Hampton and Feltham.....

Last edited by Lunar on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am 

Funny you mention that M25 accident on Friday.

I join it clockwise at J11 and the accident was just before J11.

The result was that there was no traffic on the M25 where I joined and about a dozen of us went from J11 to J15 at 70 mph. I got home about ½ hour earlier than normal. Because the M25 was quiet the normal drivers who get off at J15 and use the Hayes By Pass hadn't so that was clear as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:17 am 

i use to top part of the M25 most days,the bit where some genius decided to use the hard shoulder as a running lane,well as most people predicted,all it takes is one minor bump or breakdown and the whole area comes to a halt.
i wonder how long before they rip it all out ? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 am 

I agree. Using the hard shoulder as a lane is stupid. Emergency services can't get through and a large truck flattening a broken down car is going to happen.