News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 pm 

Anyone else finding station road in West Drayton very slow moving in the last week or so

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 pm 

Badminton Girl wrote:
Anyone else finding station road in West Drayton very slow moving in the last week or so

A visit to UK last year re-enforced memories of West Drayton in 1948. Albeit I was about to marry a girl from Dellfield Crescent. It was a slow moving place then, apparently it has not altered. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:32 am 

Badminton Girl wrote:

You mean even slower than usual??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 am 

I know the main bit at morrisons and beyond is usually bad, but this was more by the West Drayton Library end, by Drayton Hall. Bumper to Bumper all the way to station mini roundabout.

Thinking about it since, I have noticed the pavement works going on, and that slowing the flow but seemed to slow it to standstill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 am 

three weeks ago we took 45 minutes to get from W.D. Police Station to Iceland in Yiewsley. We never found out what the hold up was. Next time we'll use the by-pass.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 pm 

Sunshine wrote:
three weeks ago we took 45 minutes to get from W.D. Police Station to Iceland in Yiewsley. We never found out what the hold up was. Next time we'll use the by-pass.

:D

I had a car like that once :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:54 pm 

Quote:

I had a car like that once :lol:

ha ha!!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:43 pm 

Well I'm pleased to say that the traffic this weekend hasn't been as bad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:39 am 

Temporary lights on Station Road are making congestion pretty bad, I suggest avoid if you can.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm 

Interesting. Could explain why once in a while while driving a car you're suddenly surprised by something.

Its not me bye the way just an example I had sent to me :? :?

Motion Induced Blindness

This is frightening! It works exactly like it says, and is one major reason people in cars can look right at you (when you're on a motorcycle or bicycle)---AND NOT SEE YOU. From a former Naval Aviator. This is a great illustration of what we were taught about scanning outside the cockpit when I went through training back in the '50s. We were told to scan the horizon for a short distance, stop momentarily, and repeat the process. I can remember being told why this was the most effective technique to locate other aircraft. It was emphasized (repeatedly) to NOT fix your gaze for more than a couple of seconds on any single object. The instructors, some of whom were WWII veterans with years of experience, instructed us to continually "keep our eyes moving and our head on a swivel" because this was the best way to survive, not only in combat, but from peacetime hazards (like a midair collision) as well. We basically had to take the advice on faith (until we could experience for ourselves) because the technology to demonstrate it didn't exist at that time.

Click on the link below for a demonstration ....

http://www.msf-usa.org/motion.html