News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
Hillingdon weather
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
Advertisement

It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:43 pm 

do they not want any customers there then?

Surely they must realise that it takes time to do the shopping, especially if you're going in more than one shop on the complex.

That's one more place to avoid!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:41 am 

I presume it would be the landlord that's engaged this company rather than the shops themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 am 

It seems to be spreading like some disease, space is a commodity with a value, like just after the war, when bomb sites were used as parking areas, I am sure that was the time when lots of parking companies were spawned, was a quick buck to be got, then as the sites were built upon, and business restarted the demand grew for any space at all, we all know when demand exceeds supply prices rise, now we have some situations whereby not driving is more expensive than driving to work, public transport cashes in and we are all on the magic roundabout. Welcome to the crazy world. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 am 

I've said before that I think this particular car park is ideal for those who work in the 4 outward corridors from the Grapes via the 140 or 207/427/607 buses.

I would guess that quite a few used to park in there for free and then get a bus to work. Just like Hillingdon Hospital used to be for the Uxbridge workers.

My only issue is that if you buy something and it proves not to work out of the box you can't drive back to replace it straight away. I would therefore not be buying anything of this nature that could break from those shops.

They should change the technology to hours parked there in a single 24 hour period regardless of individual visits.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 am 

I have sometimes shopped at Sainsbury and then moved the car and gone into Next or Mothercare - I've been on the site for two or three hours sometimes and probably spent a fair amount of money while I was there. I'm not going to be doing that again if I'm at risk of getting a parking ticket so they've lost my custom.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:30 am 

Quote:
Supermarket shoppers blast new parking restrictions
Posted by Jack Griffith on Feb 9, 12 12:26 PM in

LOMBARDY Retail Park shoppers will have to obey stricter parking controls, or face a fine.

Parking enforcement at the sprawling shopping park in Coldharbour Lane, Hayes, is now being looked after by Euro Car Parks.

The maximum stay will still be three hours, but from Monday customers face a £70 fine through the post from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency if they leave and then return within two hours.

The new rule will be enforced by Automatic Number Plate Recog-nition cameras, installed at the entrance and exits.

The changes come into force on Monday and Euro Car Parks has stated on information leaflets for shoppers that the changes are being implemented to ensure that spaces go to genuine customers.

Retired Bill Powell, 65, of Rectory Road, Hayes, voiced his disgust at the new regulations.

"I don't know who else would want to park here - Hayes town and the railway station is quite a long way away.

"I often make more than one trip a day, and now I will be out of pocket if I want to go back and spend more money.

"A lot of people I have spoken to don't know about the changes, so they could be getting fines through the post and not know why!

"I don't think it is right."

The retail park is owned by Aviva Investors, which said in a statement: "Customers will still be able to park for up to three hours without charge, however after this time they will not be able to return within two hours. These timings are relatively standard for retail parks of this type."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 am 

Thanks Kremmen. It looks like you're OK if you don't leave the site and come back again or stay there more than three hours.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 pm 

Trouble is, what if you are being tailgated on the way out or your number plate is obscured by any other reason ?

No doubt they will consider the onus is on you to prove you left when you did ?

Either way it's hassle I could do without so I'll be giving it a miss.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
Either way it's hassle I could do without so I'll be giving it a miss.

I done what shopping I wanted at Lidle this morning no restriction there, a massive car park no charge and the shopping was a lot cheaper, however the queue at check out was rather long as they only had 3 tills open but that will be easy cured when demand increases, if nothing else it was a good eye opener as to what goods could be sold for and still be in profit. sorry Sainsbury and thanks. :o ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:58 am 

Its Euro car parks who operate in Lombardy ..... as someone said, it is NOT a fine - just an invitation to pay. They are not covered by the same act as council issued tickets. If you ignore the ticket (and dont ever contact them to admit anything) you get up to 4 letters in the post - then nothing :-) They may threaten but there is nothing they can do .....