News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am 

good evening.

me and my wife are moving to uxbridge this march, and we will like to prepare ourself before coming to your wonderful city.
if you can give us some advice and answer a few questions that will help us a lot.

- do you know how much will it cost to rent a studio flat (including bills, council tax, etc?) as we have looked in the gumtree website and most of the ads are £700 without council tax. is that a fare price? and how much will the council tax be?
- do you have any suggestion about where to look for an apartment? (web site? agencies..)
- is there a good transportation from uxbridge to heathrow? and is it possible to get to heathrow by bicycle?
- is there any vegetable\fish\food market in uxbridge or near by? if not - where would you recommend to buy fresh ingredients?
- is there any good public library where we can take books?
- do you have a sport center where we can sign up for some courses, such as basket ball or volleyball? or do you have a good gym with swimming pool?
- is there a good cinema in uxbridge?

thank you for all responses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 am 

I'll do one for you:

Forget trying to cycle to Heathrow, far too dangerous in my opinion.
Buses from Uxbridge to Heathrow 1,2,3 are very frequent. Which part of Heathrow will you be travelling to though?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am 

uxbridge wrote:
good evening.

me and my wife are moving to uxbridge this march, and we will like to prepare ourself before coming to your wonderful city.
if you can give us some advice and answer a few questions that will help us a lot.

- do you know how much will it cost to rent a studio flat (including bills, council tax, etc?) as we have looked in the gumtree website and most of the ads are £700 without council tax. is that a fare price? and how much will the council tax be? £700pcm is about right I am afraid. As for Council tax look here http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/63 ... -tax-bands
- do you have any suggestion about where to look for an apartment? (web site? agencies..) Rightmove or Gibbs Gillespie
- is there a good transportation from uxbridge to heathrow? public transport? No and is it possible to get to heathrow by bicycle? If you want to get to the north or central Heathrow it's not too bad, T5 a trek and T4 is a long way around the windy perimeter
- is there any vegetable\fish\food market in uxbridge or near by? if not - where would you recommend to buy fresh ingredients? Sadly, only really big supermarkets
- is there any good public library where we can take books? Yes, the main Hillingdon library is in Uxbridge High St
- do you have a sport center where we can sign up for some courses, such as basket ball or volleyball? or do you have a good gym with swimming pool? Try this http://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres ... re_Complex
- is there a good cinema in uxbridge? There is an Odeon muliplex . http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_times/s137/ I am not sure how good it is as I usually go the London to a proper Cinema

thank you for all responses

Good luck with you move

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 pm 

Virgin gymn at Stockley Park seems popular.

I would say Heathrow was an easy cycle ride from Uxbridge.

You should be able to get a studio for less than that. You could get a 1 bed flat for 700 in some patts of Hillingdon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 am 

Jon wrote:
Virgin gymn at Stockley Park seems popular.

phew I thought you were gunna talk about me then :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 am 

I don't think we were around then ? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: