News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:26 am 

Supposedly they were supposed to start major work on the roundabout at Hayes ByPass/Willow Tree Lane yesterday.

Nothing doing by midday yesterday but I'm sure it will start very soon.

This is a major remodelling of the roundabout to help reduce the large, above average, number of accidents on that roundabout according to the flyer they posted to all local residents.

First phase due to be for 6 weeks with mainly day work finishing by 16:00 but some night work is planned.

I predict absolute chaos and my journey home will end in a massive jam from teh roundabout right back to pump lane or beyond :(

They also said buses on diversion but no buses use the bypass. Must be the E6 that crosses it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:13 am 

Thanks for the heads up

Will this re modelling involved traffic lights??? (even part time traffic lights?) - I do hope so

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 pm 

SOT wrote:
Thanks for the heads up

Will this re modelling involved traffic lights??? (even part time traffic lights?) - I do hope so

What like the ones that snarl up the the traffic at The White Hart and Bulls Bridge roundabouts you mean ? :o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:13 pm 

Too true. Having said that, the Willowtree Lane roundabout needs something doing to it, though I'm not sure what.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 am 

Still no sign of any works yesterday either.

They came round in a van on Sunday pushing leaflets from TFL through all doors.

The document may be accessible online. It's reference is TN.027.3002604

Quote:
The day works will begin on Tuesday 22 October 2013 and will last approximately six weeks, or until the work is completed. In agreement with the London Borough of Hillingdon, the working hours will be from 09:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday.
The night works will be split into three phases and phase one begins on Tuesday 22 October 2013 and will last approximately 2 nights, or until the work is completed.
The secomd phase of night works begins on Monday 25 November 2013 and wil last approximately 1 week or until the work is completed.
The third phase of night works begins on Monday 2 December 2013 and will last approximately 2 weeks or until the work is completed.
In agreement with the London Borough of Hillingdon the working hours will be from 21:30 to 05:00 Monday to Friday.

Quote:
Transport for London has appointed Conway/Aecom to implement road safety improvements for the A312 Willow Tree Roundabout. These works include carriageway realignment and resurfacing., new road markings on the roundabout and installation of new cycling facilities.
To ensure the safety of road users, traffic management measures including road and lane closures will be put in place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:42 pm 

I notice one danger point of the roundabout - if driving from the Northolt end towards Hayes and stick to the outside land of the road through the roundabout, there is a weird elevation and camber change, very evident with the sun front of you. On the inside lane part, their is also an odd 'bump' as if the road underneath is elevated/twisted and a very obvious drain just as you straighten up - I think these 2 sections have caught people out, especially in the rain and during the cold spell! The car end up in the trees on the left after hitting the central reservation.

I agree something needs to be done during evening peak hours (not sure what happens in the morning rush, as I am usually well on my way to work by 7:30am).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 am 

They've still not started !!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 am 

I only ever go there when we need something from B & Q but when I'm right towards the shops I've noticed that the traffic coming from the White Hart end doesn't stop at the roundabout for me to go round - they just keep going. It's so dangerous.

I'm glad they're finally trying to sort it out

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:38 pm 

If it's only going to take two nights, it's probably only going to be resurfacing & re marking. So dont expect too much

Monday (tomorrow) and Tuesday night sees the closure of Long Lane outside the tube station from 20:00 to 05:00 for resurfacing

That should be fun!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:30 pm 

Bit longer than 2 nights - Phase 1 is six weeks.

see my post higher up with dates and times (although the first phase is now running late)