News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:06 am 

I heard on the news the other day that Liverpool (I think) is going to experiment getting rid of its bus lanes for 9 months to ease traffic congestion.

ALL the lanes around Yeading/Northolt CAUSE congestion which wasn't there before.

THEY MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm 

The 'experiment' began this Monday apparently Jon.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... on-6201531

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 am 

I think the idea of bus lanes is to cause disruption to car drivers whilst allowing buses to nip up the inside unimpeded.

By the sound of it, it's working.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm 

well bus lanes dont work in London , they go up the lane then stop every hundred yards or so
sooner they get rid of them , the sooner congestion will be eased for all ,. but no fines coming in
Question , do buses get fined for being in a box junction , they are the biggest offenders for jamming up the junctions
and just as an after thought , ban cycles from busy roads , its crazy mixing cars and them
or do we all just go as slow as the slowest , like buses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:56 am 

I go to a client site in London about once a month and I use the 140 to get to Northolt.

I find that the bus can move considerably quicker than the cars, especially up by the library on Church Road, I vote to keep them and inconvenience the drivers, especially the school runs who could probably walk anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 am 

I think the bus would get along just as well if there were no bus lanes but the cars would get along much faster. Without the bus lanes, the chronic congestion would be eased.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:17 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
I go to a client site in London about once a month and I use the 140 to get to Northolt.

I find that the bus can move considerably quicker than the cars, especially up by the library on Church Road, I vote to keep them and inconvenience the drivers, especially the school runs who could probably walk anyway.
There is a major problem with 'inconveniencing drivers': it has serious knock-on effects for businesses where the driver cannot travel by bus, or by any other form of public transport. I agree that the school run is an issue that clogs up the roads in the mornings and afternoons, and much of that traffic in unnecessary and unwarranted; but for the remainder of the day a large number of business drivers have no alternative but to use self-drive vehicles. And without those self-drive vehicles the British economy would not exist.

Over my working life I probably spent thousands of hours driving to and from customer's premises in a car loaded with essential documents, tools, and equipment. To a casual observer the car would have appeared to be a single occupancy vehicle that was cluttering up the roads unnecessarily, while the true purpose of my being on the road was invisible to other road users.

The truth is, bus lanes are designed and intended to create congestion under the UN's Sustainable Communities program as part of Agenda 21. And since the implementers of Agenda 21, including central and local governments around the globe, know and understand that increased congestion on the roads has huge negative impacts on business costs and time efficiency, we must conclude that local and central governments do not have business interests at the core of the political agendas.

Most of the customer's premises I had to visit over my working life were Government establishments. And the cost in time of my being stuck in road congestion would eventually have been funded by the taxpayer. I have not worked for nearly ten years now, but the last time I was employed, the customer (the taxpayer) was being charged about £70 an hour for every hour I sat in congested traffic – and some of those wasted hours were directly due to bus lanes and other deliberate political causes of road congestion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm 

If you wonder whether politicians would create traffic mayhem for politicial reasons, read this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25659532

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 pm 

Ken Livingstone was also accused of re-phasing traffic signals in order to slow traffic flow and force people out of their cars.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jams.html
Quote:
Two years ago former mayor Ken Livingstone was accused by the RAC Foundation and the Tories of rephasing lights to slow down traffic and force people out of their cars and onto other forms of transport.
TfL said the move was to assist pedestrians and ensure the smooth introduction of the extension to the congestion charge zone.
Similar traffic congestion creating policies are being applied right across the UK by other local authorities.

Now the Highways Agency is planning 60 mph speed limits on large sections of motorways in order to 'reduce pollution'. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/105 ... rways.html

The lack of joined-up thinking in all these restrictive green policies is exposed but the refusal of the LibLabCon party to control and restrict immigration. If 'green issues' were of such significance as we are led to believe, then it would be reasonable and rational for the LibLabCon to reduce the pressures on all infrastructure, resources, utilities, and environmental conditions by restricting immigration. But no, they all insist on leaving the borders wide open in treacherous obedience to the destructive EU dictatorship.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 pm 

There is no doubt that the A40 out of London was far, far more congested during the Livingstone years and I am utterly convinced that was caused on purpose as an anti motorist measure.