News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 pm 

From 2000 tomorrow Friday 28 until 0500 Monday 31 March, Station Road West Drayton will be closed between Horton Road and Tavistock Road whilst refurbishment works are carried out to Colham (canal) Bridge.

I reckon traffic will be a bit crazier than usual as I can see the 'official diversion via Porters Way, Stockley road and Horton Road being ignored by many in favour of the narrow Tavistock Road & often single file Trout Road

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:39 am 

Yes not looking forward to this as I live just of Tavistock Road

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:04 am 

Eeeek!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 am 

Tavistock Road is a nightmare as expected, glad I cycle around at weekends :-)

Trout road doesn't seem to handle the traffic volumes either

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:29 pm 

I went for a walk down the canal from Stockley to Little Britain (via the Slough Arm) and back. Sadly, there was quite an oil spillage on the Grand Union through Yiewsley and many swans were partly oiled up and in a panic.

I noticed gridlock on Trout Rd canal bridge above, so being a bit nosey, I popped up off the towpath to find the queue from the High St traffic lights was extending over the bridge, so stopping the usual two way flow (controlled by traffic lights) over that narrow bridge.

Some drivers started hooting their horns. It didn't seem to have much effect!!! I hope they finish on time at 5am tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 am 

I did a couple of cycle rides this weekend where normally pick up the canal by going over the bridge on Trout Road and nipping through Tescos car park to avoid the gates, I opted for going straight over the roundabout at the back of canal side flats and joined the Slough Arm the traffic as you say was backing up on the roundabout and down Tavistock.

However it was handy for getting to Bentick Road from the Station as very few cars went that way:-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:42 am 
like anyone needs to tell us to avoid West Drayton :P