News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Jim's passed on
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:10 pm 

To all that knew Jim in person and on here I would like to let you all know he passed away at 4am this morning.
I remember when he first found this website and how obsessed he was with it, Im sure some of you will of shared some interesting conversations or listened to points of view that only he would have or share aloud. :D

To all the oldies down the sports club on a Tuesday and Thursday that he loved to go to I thank you for the weeks I took him down for being so nice and welcoming. I'm going to encourage my Nan Rita to go along and see what he enjoyed doing on a Tuesday and who he enjoyed it with. ( I'm sure you'll be just as welcoming) So once again thanks. I hope you all have a hot chocolate and a biscuit for him Tuesday. :D

His service will be held at Breakspear east chapel at 11:30 on the 11th September.
Flowers to be sent to A.Cains funeral service (Hayes)
Although knowing Jim he would prefer a donation made in his name to the RNLI which can be done here
https://rnli.org/donateorbecomeamember/
or A.Cains by 19th September.

If you've made it this far I thank you for any part you guys have played in his life and will pass on any messages left on here.

Take care, see some of you soon,
Callum (Grandson)

Post subject: Re: Jim's past on
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:51 am 

Very sorry to hear the sad news. I never met Jim but always enjoyed his contributions on here, they were thoughtful, incisive and true, and I shall miss them. R.I.P. Jim.

Post subject: Re: Jim's passed on
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:39 am 

Thanks for keeping us informed Callum and for being such a great grandson to Jim.

You're sure some of us will have shared interesting conversations with Jim? Wow... that is some understatement!

He had huge presence and personality and he leaves a huge void. I hope you've seen the comments on the other thread, "Sad news".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:38 am 

Thanks Callum

He was probably one of the best liked people here and had a wonderful sense of humour, he will be sadly missed.

RIP Jim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 pm 

Kremmen wrote:
He was probably one of the best liked people here and had a wonderful sense of humour, he will be sadly missed.

Totally agree, Jim was the guv'nor on here! Reading his posts always brought a smile to my face.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:24 pm 

Very fair and respectful in all his comments, leaving this site all the poorer in his passing.

Rest well Jim.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:01 pm 

Jim was a gentleman of the old school. I had the pleasure of meeting him on quite a few occasions (our forum meetings at Yeading Marina and also at Kingshill Avenue on several occasions). He had a self deprecating sense of humour and underneath that was a lively intelligence. He took great pleasure in sticking two fingers up at authority when necessary! :)

I am sad to say that I lost touch with Jim after moving away from Hayes but my thoughts are with his family and friends and I am sorry for their loss.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:34 am 

I am not sure how this will be received, but would it be possible for someone to put a photo on the site. I for one would like to see what the site's favourite comedian looked like

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:16 am 

I was actually hoping to do that last night SOT, but have been an work and having trouble finding one. I need to get out an old PC to do some searches. It's a shame, had it not been for the various server losses over the years we would have had a lot of material easily available.

I have for the time being found this small scan of an item that appeared in the Gazette in 2002, when through HayesMiddlesex.com Jim and one of his childhood friends, Ron Rennie, met again for the first time in about 50 years.

I'll try as soon as possible to find more material.

Jim is on the right:

Attachments:
Ron and Jim.jpg
Ron and Jim.jpg [ 16.06 KiB | Viewed 12927 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:24 pm 

Callum we are very sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing. Each and every one of us have fond memories of Jim. Our condolences to you and your family - our thoughts are with you.

With love from Pam, Janet, Lindsay, Batty Bat, Jane, Diane, Festive 50, Sunshine & Noeline. (All ex members of this site).

Rest in Peace Jim x