News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:28 am 

Had a HUGE amount of dealings with B & Q over the last couple of years, and I have to say, they are FANTASTIC!! Their staff, who tend to be much older than staff in most shops, actually seem to be hlepful and to KNOW about the things the shop is selling. I could give quite a few examples.

My main reason for posting is that (for the second time) I've ordered a kitchen from them and the service from start to finish has been first class. Everything's arrived when they said it would, they ring you the day before to confirm delivery time and on the day. They let us know precisely what could be delievered on what date, and that a few items would come later.

Finally, I have quite a number of items surplus to requirements and left them unopened; B & Q arrange collection. When you ring them, you get through fast, you always get someone who's switched on and knows exactly what you're talking about.

There's clearly something weird going on, it's all been too good so far.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:37 am 

They have appeared on Watchdog and in the Which? mag a few times so I wonder if they've been given a wake up call?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:40 am 

I've always found them good tbh. I suppose with an operation their size, there's bound to be things go wrong sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:34 pm 

It's so good to read that B&Q work well with their customers when they are in the process of buying a new kitchen from them.
Have always liked the store but was surprised that they no longer sell bird-tables in the garden department here. Had to go to Homebase instead! Would always try B&Q first. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:02 am 

I don't even know where to find a Homebase nowadays... all the ones I knew of have gone.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:13 am 

There are two quite near to each other here :-)

I was half-expecting a quip that I should have 'tweeted' about looking for a bird-table. :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:49 pm 

Same here, the one at the Grapes went ages ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:03 pm 

I had a new kitchen from B&Q and it was a disaster from start to finish. The contractor they employed to fit the kitchen was absolutely terrible and many pieces were missing etc.
The actual kitchen units were of a good quality but as for the rest, I vowed never again would I use B&Q.
I've recently had a new bathroom fitted and used a local plumbing supplier for the kit and he recommended a fitter - it went smoothly and I'm delighted with the end product.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:05 am 

My bathroom was also fitted by an independent after I got the furniture. About 10 years ago now.

Total cost was about £500 including furniture (good quality cast iron bath, toilet and sink), plumber for a day and tiles. When I see these multi £k quotes I wonder about value for money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:20 pm 

I just bought the kitchen from B & Q... didn't use their fitters, had my own.