News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:42 pm 

I suddenly had the idea to try to find a band, possibly a Youth band but not necessarily so, to perform an up-tempo Swing, Big Band song which I wrote a few months ago. If a singer could be found, as well, who sings in the Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble style, then that would be great. Could be female because there are lyrics for female singers too.

The Britain's Got Talent auditions are beginning and so, if all goes well, the song and band + vocalist could be put forward for an audition.
The song would be The Ritz, The Bubbly and You but there are alternative lyrics if they were preferred.

If anyone has any knowledge of a band with talent to try for the programme, my email is

marian@marianheawood.com

The song can be heard, and also an instrumental version on Middx.Net Photos Galleries.
Click on Photos tab at the top of the page for a quick route.

Thankyou and look forward to any response to help take my idea forward.

Marian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:15 pm 

Really heartened today to see that there are quite a few bands around, playing or learning different styles of music, including Jazz and Swing. A lot seems to be going on at the Hillingdon Music Centre, which is great news for music lovers like myself who is very interested in what is happening these days to keep music 'alive'.