News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Labour Manifesto
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:07 am 

Jon wrote:
Our foreboding is for the future.
The times we are currently living through are full of signs for the future. The big question is; how close is that future? Is it next century, next decade; next year, next month; or even next week? One thing is certain though, the rate of change we are all witnessing is ramping up to fever pitch. Even the most ardent ostrich must by now recognise that sticking our proverbial head in the sand is not going to cause, what was once considered to be normality, to return. We are sliding out of control down the helter-skelter of undefined change at break-neck speed, and there is no way back.

For example; in a very short period of time we have passed from having marriage redefined, to the compulsory teaching of school children that they can choose their gender; from gender specific toilets in schools, to multi-gender toilets in schools. These 'changes' are going to have an almost immediate and profound 'change' on the whole of our society. Wherever we look undefined 'change' is spoken of and advocated by the political class and their unelected advisers; 'change' that is being imposed under the force of law without any reference to the people. Cameron persuaded us to “Vote for Change – Vote Conservative”. He never defined what his 'change' would mean for us, until it was too late.

Once we acknowledge that we are in an age where the signs of 'change' around us portray an increasingly uncertain future, a future where even the timing is uncertain; then the next requirement is for the ability to interpret the signs of the times.

There lies the big problem, very few ordinary folk want to know what the signs are telling us, and even fewer will listen to the interpretations of the signs when they are explained. Birth pangs can be seen and felt with increasing frequency – the birth is getting ever closer, to the point of imminence; but the pangs are being ignored, as if ignoring them will somehow restore normality, "if only we can have a particular political party in power"; even though all the parties are committed to ongoing undefined 'change' at an ever-increasing rate of change. The future for the many is certain - it is uncertain.

Luke 21:25 – 28 [ESV2011])
Quote:
“And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:21 pm 

Westonman, you sometimes quote biblical references in your postings, (as above), and your comments reflect obvious signs of faith, may I ask you what 'branch' of Christianity you follow?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:45 pm 

Rich Kid wrote:
Westonman, you sometimes quote biblical references in your postings, (as above), and your comments reflect obvious signs of faith, may I ask you what 'branch' of Christianity you follow?
R.K. It is my privilege to identify my Christianity. My primary allegiance is to the Word of God, the Holy Bible, Scripture; the inerrant source of all wisdom and Truth. In Paul's 2nd letter to Timothy he defined the source, value, equipping, and power of Scripture:

2Timothy 3:16 - 17 [ESV2011])
Quote:
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

As far as Christian denomination is concerned, I began my Christian life in 1972 in Chatham Dockyard, where I attended an unaligned a Free Church community; I then joined a Baptist church; many years I joined another Free Church congregation; and later still another Baptist congregation. I have worshipped in Anglican, Methodist, Free Churches, and House Churches – where I currently am. But my primary concern is to belong to a Christian group where the teaching and doctrine are firmly grounded in the Holy Bible. Sadly, Bible teaching churches are increasingly difficult to find these days; this is another of those signs to indicate that we are now approaching the end of this age.

A major problem today, is that very many churches have lost there way. They have left the authority of Holy Scripture in favour of liberal and non-Bible-backed teaching, which is why the messages coming from much of the Church today are politically correct, and Biblically incorrect. I left the last Baptist Church I attended because they had completely swallowed the nonsensical Green Agenda of “saving the planet”, and liberal political correctness. They had lost sight of the Biblical teaching that God has cursed this earth, and the whole of creation.

The only saving available to us is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, where we must accept the penalty for sin that Jesus Christ paid for us on the Cross at Calvary. 'Saved' by Christ Jesus, for Christ Jesus. Only the believer's faith in the cleansing power of the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross has the power to cleanse us of ALL our sins and bestow on us the Righteousness of Jesus Christ. Only by faith in Jesus Christ and his atoning blood can we experience the grace and power of salvation. Not by our own 'good works'! Outside of Christ Jesus we are dead to God and to Righteousness.

See here:
(Ephesians 2: 1 -10 [ESV2011])
Quote:
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
The “good works” mentioned in that last sentence are not 'good works' that we may imagine that we can perform in order to please the Holy God of the Bible; these “good works” are the new life we lead AFTER salvation in Jesus Christ, a new life (works) lived in the POWER and guidance of the Holy Spirit, who enables us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 pm 

Westonman, do you believe in the Holy Trinity? I'm asking you these questions because your faith obviously plays an important part in your life, something that is not often found nowadays.
For myself, I'm a lapsed Catholic who is now an agnostic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

Rich Kid wrote:
Westonman, do you believe in the Holy Trinity? I'm asking you these questions because your faith obviously plays an important part in your life, something that is not often found nowadays.
For myself, I'm a lapsed Catholic who is now an agnostic.

R.K. Yes I believe in the Holy Trinity; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Without trying to be intimidating in any way; in my last post I tried to explained that the “good works” that please the Triune God, are the works of the Holy Spirit in the life of the genuine born-again believer.

The Holy Spirit in the true believer encourages and enables the true believer to repent of sin; to have a new nature, one that is inclined towards holiness, and away from sin. The “good works” that please Almighty God are the evidences that we have been born again from sin to Righteousness in Christ Jesus. That doesn't mean we immediately become perfect in every way, but our lives should have a greater tendency away from sin and towards God's Righteousness. Our likes and dislikes change – some of them dramatically and quickly, other aspects of our new nature have to be worked out over time, in many cases many years.

Some of the evidences, fruits, of the Holy Spirit dwelling in a believer, is the desire to enjoy God, to worship him; to spend time reading and studying the Holy Bible, God's Word to us. These qualities are alien to the unbeliever. As an example, a born again believer should cease from all forms of blasphemy against the whole Trinity. This change is not something that we work up for ourselves; it comes as evidence of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, His ministry to change us into becoming more like our Lord Jesus Christ.

At Judgement Day, it will be the evidence of Holy Spirit inspired “good works” in our lives that proves that we belong to God the Father through faith in Christ Jesus. The absence of these evidences will condemn the unbeliever who has not been born of the Spirit.

I provide this brief explanation of “good works” because the term 'good works' is interpreted by the world to mean anything the world considers to be a 'good work', even though the life of the 'good worker' does not manifest any positive evidence of the Holy life of God the Son through the power of the Holy Spirit in the person.

Example 1: The world quite happily interprets charitable acts by a blasphemous foul-mouthed drug-addicted pop star as being 'good works' that qualify them for heaven – not so.

Example 2: Mattew 6:3 – 4 ESV2011
Quote:
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
This quote from Jesus Christ is in complete contrast to the way the world behaves. For example, pop stars, the rich, and politically correct love to broadcast their acts of giving, and shout their own praises for giving money to a “worthy cause”. Their reward is the public's recognition of their publicised 'good work'.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:08 am 

I'm with Westonman... there may be more of us than you think :D