News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: A Surprising Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:02 pm 

Back in 2003 I received this message in a card. It was from my (now late) ex-husband. It was a surprise. Our daughter's funeral had not long taken place. He had come to the funeral but was terminally ill himself. I have found it hard to look at, or read any of the cards I received at that time. Everything was so sad but somehow, reading the card today, I gained some comfort from it that he had sent it after years of silence or upset.

I am glad I kept it.

The message was to thank myself, my husband Colin and son David for looking after Carolyn through the times before her passing.

Attachments:
Image.jpg
Image.jpg [ 200.56 KiB | Viewed 5009 times ]

Post subject: Re: A Surprising Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:14 am 

Time can act as a healer from growing older and wiser, the problem,s
maybe seen in a more enlighten way.
We are not in this world long, make the best of what is provided and
more so--each other.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:36 pm 

bedwyn wrote:
Time can act as a healer from growing older and wiser, the problem,s
maybe seen in a more enlighten way.
We are not in this world long, make the best of what is provided and
more so--each other.

It is hard to see it that time has healed because such a traumatic experience has left painful scars. But time has tested my strength and resolve not to turn bitter and twisted and hopefully my love of nature and music has helped me to survive. At least the card and message gives me back respect and an acknowledgement that he knew that to say thankyou was the right thing to do. That means that the loss of Carolyn, and him being terminally ill made him remember me as the person who was his wife and mother of his children. Also, that some good returned which, somehow has brought some comfort at this time.

Thankyou for your thoughtful comment, Percy, (Bedwyn).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm 

HI Marion, just seeing that card from Pat took me right back to the 60s when we all had a chat outside his house in Tudor Road when I was in the army, they say that time can sometimes be a great healer, I hope you seeing and reading that card again it has somehow it been the case for you.
I still have the photo that you sent me of you both when you informed me of Pats passing, I am going to a 50th wedding anniversary on the 28th it is a friend we both had from Lancaster Walk
I hope you are keeping OK
Mike