News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:30 am 

On my drive into work from Northwood to Heathrow on Friday afternoon I had the mistfortune to be following what must be the worst driver I have ever seen. I really should have reported them to the Police as a possible drunk/drugged driver, but didn't have my phone set up for 'hands free' use unfortunately.

She veered from left to right, clipped several kerbs, and sped and braked erraticaly for the whole time I was behind her. The real clincher was when this idiot reached the mini roundabout in Harlington High Street, attempted to make the simple left turn left into Cranford Lane and just came to a full stop on the roundabout, with obviously no idea what to do next, so she just sat there for about a minute.

I have to admit I was so concerned about what she might do next that I concentrated on keeping a safe distance and didn't take her registration number. I really should have.

On a slightly different subject, but the same topic, what on earth are the roadworks at the junction of Eastcote Road and Windmill Hill all about ?? They have dragged on and on and the cost must be horrendous but I have yet to see anything which suggests an actual improvement for either motorists or pedestrians.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:15 am 

Since my last post above I have encountered a whole host of more poor driving standards. My route to and from work is becoming a nightmare, and the Parkway and Hayes By-Pass seems to be a magnet for clueless drivers. I seriously question how some of these people pass a test and get a licence.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29 am 

Yep, the Hayes By Pass is a racetrack. If there was ever a road that warranted digital speed cameras then that's it.

I've come across a few shunts over the years it's been open so it's not as if there isn't a need.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 am 

Moley wrote:
.....On a slightly different subject, but the same topic, what on earth are the roadworks at the junction of Eastcote Road and Windmill Hill all about ?? They have dragged on and on and the cost must be horrendous but I have yet to see anything which suggests an actual improvement for either motorists or pedestrians.

And as if to prove a point, I have not seen a single accident at that junction in all the many years I have been using it, until Sunday night ( June 24th ). A collision between two vehicles took place, and it doesnt take a genious to see why.

As you approach the junction/roundabout or whatever the council care to call it now your view of every approach is blocked by the 'protective barriers' that are in place. Fair enough during peak times the roadworks are controlled by traffic lights. Outside of peak times though they are not, and thats when this accident happened. The barriers restrict your line of vision, and while the 'impovements' are being carried out, there are no road markings. Brilliant