News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm 

Hi.

I am looking for my Grandfather, who I believe to be Alan Lewis.

He lost contact with my Grandmother Catherine Patricia Aird (Pat) in about 1965.

It is believed that Alan worked as a TV Engineer at Fleet Electrics Ltd (11 East Avenue) in Harlington and was last known to be living at Richards Close.

My Grandmother died in 1974, my Mum has never met her Father and is keen to establish some contact, or even just an acknowledgement that someone knows him and he is real.

Any thoughts would be great, even if you remember the smallest detail.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:23 pm 

willgill wrote:
Hi.

I am looking for my Grandfather, who I believe to be Alan Lewis.

He lost contact with my Grandmother Catherine Patricia Aird (Pat) in about 1965.

It is believed that Alan worked as a TV Engineer at Fleet Electrics Ltd (11 East Avenue) in Harlington and was last known to be living at Richards Close.

My Grandmother died in 1974, my Mum has never met her Father and is keen to establish some contact, or even just an acknowledgement that someone knows him and he is real.

Any thoughts would be great, even if you remember the smallest detail.

Thanks

Hi.

I worked at Fleet Electrics East Avenue from 1964 to 1967, would Alan have been working there during that time?.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm 

I believe he would of done yes. His name would of been spelt Alun rather than Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 am 

Excellent (though do you mean Harlington, there's an East Avenue in Hayes, don't know one in Harlington.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:35 am 

Wow that's lucky, a first poster enquirer followed by a first poster positive reply !

Good luck finding your relative.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 am 

Yes I think it is Hayes. I have had very little information to go off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:39 pm 

When I was a paper boy there never was an East Ave in Harlington, in Hayes yes. Between leaving school 1953 and starting my App at EMI I worked at a toy factory in Harling High street, making toy cars mainly, it used to be a schoolhouse next to the Min train track and was called John White, and owned by a Fred Lewis,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:50 pm 

Yes.
I have the address as Fleet Electrics Ltd, 11 East Avenue, Hayes. Alun worked there until approx 1967

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 pm 

willgill wrote:
Yes.
I have the address as Fleet Electrics Ltd, 11 East Avenue, Hayes. Alun worked there until approx 1967

I did work at the above address until 1967, I have a vague recollection of someone with that name. However after all this time that is all I have. sorry.

I have also tried to locate any business accounts which may mention employees but no luck so far.

http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Fleet_Electrics