News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am 

On the back of Firestorm's less than flattering thread about The Vine, I was wondering whether we should share our favourite and least favourite restaurants or pubs with food. I quite enjoy eating out and seem to go to the same places each time. I'd like to try new places, but really can't afford the risk of trying a dud one. So any suggestions?:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 am 

OK as this doesn't seem to be the most popular thread! I will start by mentioning a poor experience tonight at The Duck House, Hight St Ruislip

1) We were directed into the freezing cold conservatory. Ate the stater but I had to move as I was so cold. Waitress rather grumpy with the move & said our preferred new location would be colder
2) Main meal was poor. All four main meals cooked earlier then warmed up - nothing freshly cooked
3) Staff overheard saying not to put anyone in conservatory as it was too cold, but no offer to move us
4) We bailed out after the main course as could not stand a sub standard sweet in sub zero temperatures
5) The already grumpy waitress got very rude when I didn't leave a tip and totally ignored us on the way out

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS: THE DUCK HOUSE- HIGH ST - RUISLIP 0/10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:13 pm 

I've been going hear for the last 2 years and NEVER been disappointed.Their Sunday Lunch it delicious(English roast)
And Tie food during the week ,WEST DRAYTON

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:30 am 

SOT your experience sounds totally APPALLING!!!

I love a "Bitoke" in the Portuguese cafe Estrela do Norte in Kingshill Ave. £10 for a massive plate of steak, egg, salad and chips with sliced buttered roll on the side. Yummy! Occasional treat I starve myself all day to enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 am 

Great graphics Artftetefte!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:28 pm 

Jon wrote:
Great graphics Artftetefte!!

Thank you kind Sir:Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:53 pm 

I love a "Bitoke" in the Portuguese cafe Estrela do Norte in Kingshill Ave. £10 for a massive plate of steak, egg, salad and chips with sliced buttered roll on the side. Yummy! Occasional treat I starve myself all day to enjoy.[/quote]

Looks moor inviting when its OPEN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:52 am 

It's open much longer hours than most cafes, till about 10pm every day except Monday.

http://middx.net/estrela/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm 

Since moving to WD about 18 mths ago I haven't found anywhere that beats the Malt Shovel. Always have good service and food.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 am 

Badminton Girl wrote:
Since moving to WD about 18 mths ago I haven't found anywhere that beats the Malt Shovel. Always have good service and food.

"I have" the wife used to be the cook at the Blue Anchor, and get Pub grub every day, shrewd move on my part, although that was long before she retired but still enjoy it today :) :)