News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Driverless Tubes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm 

Well Sot

I agree about looking after your job, but I do not agree with bringing the country to it's knees to me that is wrong, what I would suggest this government do is take the same extreme measures with him. An example is their already high pay and the silly bonus when the Olympics were on. If they run on time they were given a bonus, therefore when they are a minute late fine them heavily and raise the fines.

When after engineers work is late they should also be fined heavily as they are not giving a service. I do not agree with them being paid when they are not doing what they are paid to do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 am 

Well well well, not Crowe's lot but ASLEF are coming out on strike for 3 days, including Boxing Day.

As I understand it they want triple pay for Boxing Day plus a day off in lieu later next year.

And this is on top of their £48k and teachers holidays.

Bring on driverless trains I say and put it down to self-inflicted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 am 

I have often wondered what the School days bullies would end up, it seems that they drive trains. :evil: :shock: :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm 

Self inflicted and GREED.

Praps we should train our soldiers to drive trains then replace the lot of them, If we have enough spare in the armed forces to help out with the Olympics then they can drive our trains, just like they have replaced the fire brigade in the past.

Then Crowe can Crowe off

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm 

Kremmen wrote:

Bring on driverless trains I say and put it down to self-inflicted.

This is not strictly true

This is a dispute which is several years old now. The drivers say that LU have gone back on an agreement that gives them OT & benefits on Boxing day. LU say they haven't. Who is right? God knows, but this will be the second year running there's been a strike on boxing day for the same reason.

How could his dispute have been allowed to run 12 months???? It's a disgrace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am 

My view is that it's run for 12 months because TfL are talking sense and fairness and the Unions are digging their heels in.

With what's happened in the past I just don't trust the transport unions.

I wonder what the current Boxing day allowance is? If it's the same as the bus workers then it's double time on a shorter shift and a day in lieu.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am 

I thought tube drivers got an inclusive salary which means that they are contracted to work on bank holidays. They get a huge amount of holiday too - something like 10 weeks.

They didn't have to sign those contracts ..........

I would love a salary of £46,000 + 10 weeks holiday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am 

Wouldn't we all.

The secret is to have a job that can bring suffering and misery to thousands of people if you stop doing it, plus being able to bring a city to a standstill, plus have irresponsible union leadership.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 am 

You're so right

So many people depend on the tube for getting to work and generally getting around if they live in London.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm 

Sunshine wrote:
I thought tube drivers got an inclusive salary which means that they are contracted to work on bank holidays. They get a huge amount of holiday too - something like 10 weeks.

They didn't have to sign those contracts ..........

I would love a salary of £46,000 + 10 weeks holiday.

You also forgot the FREE travel for you and your whole family which could be worth thousands, plus all the fringe benefits, lets not forget that if for example to run the tube service they require 150 drivers, they actually rota on at least 30 more to ensure that any sickness or lateness is covered. So what happens to these extra 30, well if everyone turns up they are sent home in batches during their shift. So we also have tube drivers paid a huge amount for their shift and quite often some don't even work, and some are only there for an hour, some are there for a few hours. Sorry they are on a gravy train already it is just GREED. This is a fact as I know a few tube drivers and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

One even got £6k bonus for just doing his job over the Olympics, and forgive me but weren't the trains and London EMPTY. Wow wish every other worker got £6k for just doing what they were paid to do

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next