News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Once Tesco have all the sites (and be in no doubt that is their ultimate aim) they will stifle the competition snuff them out and then when you have no where else to turn hike the prices like there is no tomorrow.

Tesco are in business for Tesco shareholders they bring nothing to the table for the ordinary consumer. You may think they bring convenience but they are slowly aiming to dominate the market.

http://www.tescopoly.org/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/tesco-owns-more-than-half-the-unbuilt-uk-supermarket-sites-469513.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Do we need another Tesco full stop ?

I am really beginning to detest this juggernaut of a company who seem determined to achieve a state of total domination in every street in the land. Its got nothing to do with fair competition.The local,express and metro stores they are blighting the landscape with are ruthless in destroying all around them.

I have often wondered why the prices in these stores are far higher than in the larger tesco outlets. I suspect they will use the economy of scale argument, but that doesn't make sense to me as presumably they are sourcing the same goods from the same suppliers ? It might cost a fraction more to deliver those goods to the smaller outlets, but surely not to the extent they ramp up the prices ?

Ive made a conscious decision to boycott this odious company, not that they will care much, but every little helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
I have switched to Sainsbury at this time, not that they are cheaper or better quality, they have a better class of customer, and a handy stepping stone until I can afford Fortnam and Mason, its a social thing you know, but I do miss Harrods. :o ;)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
That reminds me - I still have a Harrods Christmas pudding in my cupboard ...... :lol:

I like going to Sainsbury in Uxbridge because there are nice guys working in the car park who wash my car for me while I go shopping.

At the moment, I'm not mobile so I get Tesco to deliver my shopping - a brilliant service.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Sunshine wrote:
That reminds me - I still have a Harrods Christmas pudding in my cupboard ...... :lol:

hey keep it the longer they are left the better, they are. :) :)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
keep it for next Christmas? Not a bad idea Jim x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Sunshine wrote:
That reminds me - I still have a Harrods Christmas pudding in my cupboard ...... :lol:

I like going to Sainsbury in Uxbridge because there are nice guys working in the car park who wash my car for me while I go shopping.

At the moment, I'm not mobile so I get Tesco to deliver my shopping - a brilliant service.


Not from 5th April they won't be....... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17111554 ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
They don't use hosepipes in Sainsburys car park Geezer - just buckets and cloths.

I must get my car cleaned again soon ...........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
How much do they charge my car is desperate for a clean?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Depends what you call 'a clean'. They tend to use these car body squeegees that introduce scratches. I do my own cleaning with gentle tools :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke