WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://westlondonchat.com/

RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????
https://westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1030
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SOT [ Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:15 am ]
Post subject:  RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

Like many others who use the tube daily, I am going to face severe problems on April 2nd and May 2nd as the RMT are taking strike action on the Jubilee line

I reserve judgement whether the strike is justified as I cannot find a shred of detail on the web as to what the dispute is about or what the RMT's demands are - or of course, anything from LU other than a guarded criticism of the RMT's action

I have learned that there has apparently been "petty and vindictive bullying & a drop in working conditions" according to Bob Crow et al. But what does that mean? What specifically do the RMT want?

As I pay their wages and may well be inconvenienced by a long walk in possibly inclement weather due to this action, I reckon I have a right to know. I am at a loss why the RMT and LU are being so cagey about this dispute. I did hear that hot water (for cuppas) and cold drinking water ( from a water cooler?) had been withdrawn from on train depot and I really do hope there is more to this dispute than a storm in a teacup. I thought those days had gone along with British Leyland in the 1970s

So if anyone has any proper details of what this row is over, please can you share them - Thanks

Author:  Sunshine [ Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

If that's all that it's about then I am quite disgusted.

There are a lot of people that have to work without running hot and cold water and toilet facilities - postmen, van drivers, lorry drivers to name a few.

Author:  Kremmen [ Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

The line given out was 'pay & conditions and bullying'.

This seems to always be the quote. I think they are too much under the influence of a Union that regularly wants to flex its muscles to get into the press.

Author:  jim [ Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

maybe just maybe one day they will grow up, and realize their first duty is too their families, and the public in general, nobody ever wins a strike action, but as long as they just roll over tits up, to Crowe, they will forever be their own worst enemy. :| :( :? :shock:

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

They can afford the odd day strike here and there considering the inflated wage packet they are on.

Author:  Sunshine [ Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

But can the people trying to get to work afford a day without pay?

They are so selfish!

Author:  SOT [ Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: RMT Strike on the Jubilee Line - Why????

Thankfully the strike is off. But this is no way to treat beleaguered travellers

I have no problems with the LU workers having the right to strike, but I would like to know what the dispute is over as I stand in the rain queuing with 100s of fellow grumpy commuters for a bus

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/