WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://westlondonchat.com/

Kids Electrical Safety Device Flawed???
https://westlondonchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=560
Page 1 of 1

Author:  SOT [ Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Kids Electrical Safety Device Flawed???

I never used these socket covers when the kids were younger, but at first glance, they do seem a good idea.

This website/campaign may make you think again

http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

If you have young kids, or friends & family who use these devices to keep kids safe, you may wish to share this info

Author:  jim [ Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kids Electrical Safety Device Flawed???

I have fitted and ELCB (earth leakage circuit breaker) on my distribution board that trips everything, I think its around 100 miliamps, but the downside is when it trips every thing that is on goes off, then when you reset it all comes on together unless you stumble around in the dark turning stuff off before the power comes back on. ;) ;)

Author:  Jon [ Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kids Electrical Safety Device Flawed???

Fascinating. You see them being used all over the place these days. Must admit, I always felt a little uneasy about sticking anything apart from plugs into electrical sockets, so it's very interesting to see there's good reason to feel uneasy.

Author:  Pam [ Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kids Electrical Safety Device Flawed???

I'm all for anything that will protect a child, but have found that you only have to tell a small child that if they touch a plug it will hurt them (or whatever story you choose!) and they WON'T go near them however defiant they are!

Author:  Whirlygig [ Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kids Electrical Safety Device Flawed???

Thanks SOT. I have signed the government petion at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36699

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/